how do you feel about picking up dates at a bar?

when your trying to find a date, the last idea is to pick someone up at a bar. (maybe you dont have a computer for a dating website).

so you go to a bar do you feel it is sleezy to pick up a date at a bar?
is it just for a piece of a@@??
how do you feel about picking someone up at a bar because it is a bar scene?

i always feel pple are there just to get that one night stand if they are trying to pick up someone that night.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, a few years ago Id say that no one should pick someone up in a bar. But then I met DH in one. Im happier than Ive ever been and hes perfect for me. So I cant judge anyone for doing it. Id say just dont put out that first night if you want more than a one night stand.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 7:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• why? did someone drop one? lol
    Anonymous

• It sounds scary. I don't ever want a "one nightstand". You have to get to know someone and actually have a relationship first before getting involved. JMO.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 7:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• LOL... didnt even do anything that cheese when I was in my 20s and single... certainly wouldnt do it now.
    Anonymous

• Highly doubt you will meet your soul mate in a bar.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I got picked up at a bar once.
    I was 18 years old and some college friends took me to Boonies in downtown Portland, ME, where they didn't card you to enter back in the days I was that age.
    Anyhow, one of the bouncers (yes, I still remember his name, but I won't post it) kept making conversation with me and we eventually began dating.
    A few months later he became my "first" if you know what I mean.
    It was wonderful and I will never forget him.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:46 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I don't know about bars but I have to say "don't pick one in the park either". I did that once long ago when I was single and swore I would never meet one in a park again either. That was a most abusive relationship and I still regret him cause some scares never go away.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 2:27 AM on Dec. 7, 2009