Solid Food

How old were your babies when you gave them there first solids, and what did you give them first? Oh and did it bother there tummies the first time?

Jessaroo1987

Asked by Jessaroo1987 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 8 months, breen beans, no she was fine with it
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 7:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• 3 1/2 mos and I started with rice and at 4 mos I gave peas and she loved them.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I waited until 6 months, and gave him Sweet Potaotes. He loved them!
    PrincessRSX03

Answer by PrincessRSX03 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I believe my oldest was 5 or 6 months old. I gave him rice cereal and it didn't bother him at all. After he mastered the cereal I gave him veggies.
    just1boy

Answer by just1boy at 8:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• 6 months rice cereal
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• My DD was about 5 months and I gave her rice cereal for a few weeks in between bottles and then at 6 months we did veggies and fruits and then on to meats at about 7 mon. She did fine with all of them, but she didn't LIKE all of them lol.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 11:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• 7 months green bean for #1, 7 months avocado for #2. Didn't upset either of their stomachs... but then, they didn't really get enough in to make much of a difference.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:06 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Rice cereal is bland and just filler. It's neither tastey nor fun. Just skip it. Unless of course after you take a bite and you find that the taste of cardboard is delicious.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:58 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• six months, brown rice cereal, no. In hindsight, I would have started with avocado. Here area couple of great resources for you: www.babyledweaning.com and www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 7:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2009