a little worried

ok so i went to the bathroom and then went downstairs to change into my pajamas. i noticed my panties were wet but i didn't feel anything come out. it wasn't just a spot or two, it was like a big wet area. when i wipe there's nothing there and i don't feel anything coming out now, but i do have the urge to pee again. could this have been a small leak? i'm 34 weeks today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You will have so much discharge in your third trimester that you might suspect a leak. I actually had a trip to L&D thinking my water had broken, and it was just discharge. When my water DID break, I had a small leak, and it was so much, I filled a maxi pad in less than an hour, and was peeing just as much as normal. If you aren't already, wear a panty liner, because you will need one! If you are concerned, give your doc a call just to be sure. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:35 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Honey, you may need to call your local Labor & Delivery department. They may want you to come in...Best wishes.
    spcjones_83

Answer by spcjones_83 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I'm sorry I don't mean to scare you. What I am concerned about is that some leaks may be higher on the ambiotic sac and only actually leak when you are in certain possitions (ie squatting). It would be best to call your dr or L&D department. I hope everything is ok.
    spcjones_83

Answer by spcjones_83 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• It is more than likely just discharge. You will get a ton of it as your pregnancy progresses. I wouldnt worry unless it continues. And even then, its not a huge deal cause the sac can reseal itself this early in pregnancy. But if it continues, call your doctor. Good luck!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2009