What kind of formula is your reflux baby on?

just1boy

Asked by just1boy at 8:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD had really bad reflux and we were told by her doctor to switch her to Enfamil Gentlease for fussiness and gas. I was really surprised how much just two feedings made a difference for her. I would really spek with your childrens doctor and see what they have to say about it. It worked really well for my child but you know as well as me everyy child is different. GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• My son had it and was on Gentleease for a while then switched to AR Lipil. It worked better but he had to have an oz of juice a day or some medicine to help him with stools.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 10:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Relactated and made sure to give breastmilk, which is what he truly needed in the first place.

Anonymous

• My twin girls had acid reflux pretty bad due to being preemies. I use Enfamil AR. I tried to switch them to the regular once, but they didn't like it, and the reflux was pretty bad.
    Cinnaboo

Answer by Cinnaboo at 4:03 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• When I went to Walmart tonight I was considering buying Gentle formula or AR. I ended up buying what I have been using. I take my baby back to the dr on the 28th. I will see what he thinks. My son was also premature. The dr said that he hopes that the reflux will be gone by his next appt.
    just1boy

Answer by just1boy at 9:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I did both Gentle formula and AR.....Gentle workd for a while but not for good and AR backs up the baby really bad so now you have a screaming baby who cant go to the bathroom.....My DR put my son on Prevacid and Nutramagin Lipil AMAZING he is a new baby sleeping and happy always
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 12:20 AM on Dec. 7, 2009