it is my fault after all.

I just figured it out. Im a single mom & have previously posted that my son wont give me any privacy when i am with a guy & its so frustrating. I finally figured out why 2 years ago my son was 14 , we took a vacation. We were on the beach and some guy came up to us and started to chat/flirt with me he walked away and came back and brought me a drink. We started talking. My son took his surfboard and went to the water. Anyway we had 2 drinks and were in the sun and i guess it got to my head. The guy rubbed lotion on my back &i remember he started kissing my back and my legs the next thing I know he untied the side of my string bikini and was like bitting my butt i was giggeling like a school girl when i looked up my son was standing there. I felt so bad like the worst mom in the world I started screaming at the guy. But i realize now that the reason my son refuses to give me privacy is all my fault. I feel so bad right now

dandeecandi

Asked by dandeecandi at 8:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• yup, u should too. I can't believe you'd act like that in public anyway
    Anonymous

• yup thats very skanky JMO but sounds a little nasty
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 8:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• whoa....i remember your post! i could see how you could blame yourself. That is pretty bad letting some strange dude do that to you while on vacation with your kids..i would'nt even have that kind of behavior with my husband in front of my son. Thats to be behind closed doors...no wonder he is acting so over protective. You should probably keep your relations outside your home until you think you have found a "mr. right" that you can introduce your kids to. Even then your son may not except him
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• wow
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Wow that is not very responiable of you and I don't blame your son for being the way he is with you and whomever(BF, date) Your his one and only mom and he needs you. Act like adult your not a school girl anymore your a PARENT act like one.
    Anonymous

• Wow, I can't believe that slipped your mind...

I also think it's weird that this is an ongoing problem for you. How often to you have "men" over that you need privacy with? I may be a prude, but I don't think it's appropriate to just have men over willy nilly and mess around with them when you are a mother. I just don't think it sends the right message to your son. He clearly thinks that he needs to take care of you. It's entirely possible that your son has matured beyond you and he is the one acting like a parent.

I know that sounds harsh, but it's honesty.
    Anonymous

• You sound cheap to me I would never, NEVER act like that with my child father things like that are to be done BEHIND CLOSE DOORS. Sounds to me you should put a quarter between your needs and hold it there till your child/ren are not in the same room or in hearing distance.

Anonymous

• How irrisponsible! Gee, I'd never do that in public, let alone while my child is with me. I'd never do that knowing there was the slighest chance in the whole wide universe my kid could see or hear. I agree with ANON 9:00 PM who said It's entirely possible that your son has matured beyond you and he is the one acting like a parent.

Yup, it's your fault.
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 9:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• 800anon said it right. Additionally your son could be protective, concerned now but as he grows more into teens and college age do a turn around and imitate mom. Try to focus on your son's growth for his and your best upbringing.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Guys i know i was ashamed and embarrased then and i feel the same way now. I cant believe i would let that happen. How can i possibly be mad at my son for being over protective. I was talking to a friend and she was talking about the realtionship i have with my son. I was like its great we do all types of things together we have gone on vacations together and i was like omg thats it. I had a few drinks and in the sun i dont know it was a horrible mistake and i will never allow myself to get past that. Do you guys think i am a bad mom? Moving foward should i bring it up to my son? Do you think it has hda ny negative impact on him and any future realtionships he may have?
    dandeecandi

Answer by dandeecandi at 9:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2009