Living like Jesus?

Ok so we are to live our lives as Jesus did. Does that mean 100%?

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• To me it means striving to be like Him, we'll never fully live like Him, it'snot possible. He was without sin, we will not be, here on earth anyway. We should be trying daily to grow, just my opionion. :)
    lrackley

Answer by lrackley at 10:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• no, I don't like Jesus s100%. I have a toilet and running water.

what Irackley said
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 10:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• If you are a christian and im assuming by this question you are, living like Jesus, means to be Christ-like, continually striving to be like Christ, but regardless of how good of a christian you are, we are all sinners, we will never be perfect like him. Now if you know you are doing something you shouldn't be on a regular basis, this doesn't make it right.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 10:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• what if I have been taught that stuff is a sin or wrong that isn't? Am I supposed to live this way because I was taught to think that these were or am I allowed alittle freedom?

I'm no Angel
    Anonymous

• 100% is the goal but we will never achieve it in this life. Also as you said some things that you have been taught were sin may not be. My rule is that if it is not specifically prohibitited in the Bible, or if it does not violat a Bible principle, such as love your neighbor, then it is permissible, unless the Holy Spirit tells me in my own heart it isn't.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:43 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Anonymous: Do you know anything about God's grace? We are living 100 percent for Him when we walk in obedience and living by the Word of God... the easiest way is to abide in His love. John 15 talks about Him being the vine and we are the branches... when we abide in the vine we will bear fruit. When we walk in His love m, we then live 100 percent for Him. Grace is merit undeserved and by His Grace we are allowed to Live In Him. Without the cross there would be no grace and we would be still living under the law. The Law was much harder to live under. We have it much easier now because of His grace and the fact that when He went to the Cross all the sins came upon Him and He bore it so we wouldn't have to. Does that mean we never sin? No but it means we are sons and daughters of Father God When we know who we are, we can live 100 percent like Jesus...continued
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:47 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• If you look from His perspective You will see and understand what I have just said! :-) I hope this make sense.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

--------------------------
    You should work to unlearn those legalistic views. Jesus loves you. If you accept and learn of Him as He truly is, you'll know for yourself what pleases Him and you will WANT to do it.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:00 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Become a politician

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• as He is so are we in this world. He healed the sick so we heal the sick. he preached to the poor and set the captives free; so we do the same. He prayed for hours to hear the voice of God and did only what He saw His Father doing; and so must we. He was a friend to sinners and outcasts and only gave them words of deliverance, while confronting the religious hypocrites of his day, and we MUST do the same.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Dec. 6, 2009