Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I do for a horizontal hood piercing that gets ripped out?

I got a horizontal hood piercing about a year ago. I have had no problems with it at all until recently. It got irritated a bit during foreplay and I have been taking care of it so that it can heal. Well, today when I went to clean it, it came out! It completely ripped out and there is a huge gaping cut across my hood. Now, how do I take care of it? Can I get it re-pierced? If so, should I do a vertical instead of horizontal to keep it from tearing again? I miss my piercing! I got it for functional purposes because I have a very difficult time reaching climax and the piercing helped!

Answer Question

Asked by Nicollynne at 10:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Health

Level 3 (26 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • well, what the hell did you expect???? DUH????

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

  • oww! .... let it heal..keep it clean, and i guess once its completely healed you can think about piercing it again. Talk to every piercer you can and see what everyone says about the situation.... and go with the consensus.

    If i got torn out once it is more likely to happen again, just keep that in mind.

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

  • WOW

    Answer by DM-dreamgirl at 10:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

  • If it just came out, it sounds to me like your irritation was migration = the piercing working it's way out. That can happen due to poor initial placement, AND irritation. If you guys mess with it way too much, it may be something you just shouldn't repierce. You can try sex toys. Even the healthiest, well-placed piercing doesn't handle constant abuse well.
    What you need to do is let the whole area heal. IF you choose to repierce, have them do it BEHIND the flesh tunnel/scar you are going to have from this piercing. It can actually help prevent migration in future piercings.

    Answer by RanaAurora at 12:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

  • OUCH!!

    Answer by Destiny13 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

  • I'd say go back to your piercer or an even better one right away and have yourself looked at! I wouldn't try to take care of this sort of injury by yourself.

    Answer by PennyLane88 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.