Back contractions?

Im not really sure about this one im asking cause im clueless with this stuff so please dont laugh. Last night i woke up because i had some serious back pains, they were so painful it woke me and i was crying. It kind of felt like my back was tensing up and then letting loose, are these back contractions or is there even such thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There is such a thing. I had them when I was pregnant with my daughter. They felt exactly the way you described them too and I cried everytime I got one.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Yeah and I had them with my daughter the whole labor. She came out "sunny side up" is what they call it. Where her face was facing up and her skull was pressing down towards my back. Hurt like hellllll.....
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 11:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Typically back labor is constant pain through the whole thing and doesnt come and go. Most ladies who have back labor say that the back pain was so severe that their contractions didnt seem so bad. It could have been a back spasm or maybe a problem with your kidneys. Back labor usually only happens during actual labor and isnt typically part of false labor or BH
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:34 AM on Dec. 6, 2009