I am right at the end of my pregnancy, and I can't seem to get a good nights rest!!!

My doctor told me that my body was trying to go into labor, but couldn't because it wasn't properly rested. So, they put me on benadryl,,,, I took it, and it did nothing, I was up till 5am. I don't know what to do. If I don't get some good rest will my body still go into labor, and will I have enough energy to push my baby out??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You will still go into labor and you will still have the energy! I went through labor and delivery on ONE HOUR of sleep. You can too, if you must.

How about a relaxing bath, some hot tea, a massage from your SO and just relaxing and resting as much as possible? Even if you can't exactly sleep the rest wll do you good.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Towards the end of my pregnancy I could not get comfortable until I started sleeping with pillows behind my back. between my knees and under my belly. taking the pressure off these areas helped ease me to sleep. I also found sleeping on our couch helped. is was soft and the back of it supported my back.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 12:08 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• You'll be surprised what you can do on no sleep, even labor. Try using pillows to get comfortable (or at least as comfortable as your body will allow). I am a stomach sleeper, and managed to sleep on my stomach through my whole pregnancy by wedging my stomach between the bed and a body pillow that my arm and leg were over.
    You might try going for a walk with your SO in the evening after dinner, having some raspberry leaf tea when you get home (it helps tone the uterus, or you can try pregnancy tea), and having him/her give you a massage (including your feet!) to help you relax. If you take a bath, use a bath thermometer, you don't want the water hotter than body temp.
    Hang in there, and try not to let it get you too frustrated. You have enough on your plate already, mama! Good luck! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:22 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Yes you can still go into labor. I did on one hour of sleep also. However I was sent back home from the hospital with an ambian to sleep. I had my baby less than 12 hours later.
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 1:45 AM on Dec. 6, 2009