What does your child drink?

I am just curios as to what you give your child to drink during the day? My dd who is 18 months drinks 18oz of milk a day (9oz in the morning and 9oz at night) and she drinks kool-aid and flavored water during the day. But i feel as if every thinks kool-aid is bad. My dd will not drink plain water so i give her smething with flavor.
So i was just wondering what you gave your child...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 15-month-old son won't drink regular milk, so we have to mix strawberry milk in with it and we've been giving him Ovaltine also. He's only 20.3 lbs and needs to gain weight so we need to make sure he's getting enough milk. We just added the Ovaltine this week so he's now drinking about 20-25 oz of milk a day. We give him 8 oz of water with about an oz of juicy juice in it, sometimes less juice. And sometimes he'll drink just water, but not normally.
    Anonymous

• My dd is 17 months old, and she drinks water and about 18 oz of milk per day. She doesn't like juice.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• instead of koolaide give her fruit juice, that has no added sugar!!!! Koolaide is pure sugar water, and isn't very good. Plus that sort of stuff makes kids cranky...just like candy!
    milk is good for her too.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:37 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Kool-aid is probably not the best thing to give your daughter, because of the high sugar content. Yes, juices and most flavored drinks do have sugar in them, but not as much per serving as Kool-aid. My son is 14months and he drinks 8oz's of milk a day. One in the morning, one at nap, and one before bed. Then he has 2-3 oz's of juice with his lunch. Either grape or apple. His Pedi didn't seem concerned with his drinking habits, but I think he needs more water in his diet. I plan on giving him plane water to start and see how that goes.

How do you flavor your child's water?
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• My son drinks milk mostly... he drink about 10-15 oz/day
    And then some days he gets watered down juice... more water than juice (probably about 1-3 oz of juice and the rest is water)... he gets about 4-8 oz... he gets juice a couple times/week... and I think he gets it for snack at daycare every day he is there... I don't know if she waters it down or not.
    He doesn't like water much... but is starting to drink it more often

Personally I wouldn't give my son kool-aid... that isn't any better than soda.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Water, watered-down 100% juice (no more than 4 oz of juice), and milk. My neice used to refuse anything but juice, so my SIL gave her a sippy with 7oz water, 1oz 100% juice just for flavor. She now drinks water with no problem. But kool-aid is bad, especially if that and flavored water (more sugar and yuck) is her primary source of hydration. Try putting just a little bit of 100% juice in a sippy or glass of water - she'll probably like it just as well and it'll be much better for her.
    Anonymous

• Point blank, if your child is thirsty, and you provide them with PLAIN WATER they will drink it. they will not become dehydrated, and will not die. good grief! i can not believe that excuse!

mine do not drink anything but water. period. we have smoothies instead of fruit juice, which is empty calories... we are a dairy free household. moo juice is just that- for things that go moo. my kids make a lot of weird noises, but they are human noises, not baby cow noises- no child NEEDS milk.

every once in a blue moon, i will buy plain seltzer and blend it with ice & fruit to make an "Icee" (imitating the ones in the store). that's it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Milk in the morning and evening. Juice for lunch and whenever she is thirsty. I really want her to like water but she ont touch it so it looks like Im stuck with juice for awhile.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 12:11 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Water, milk, and 1 juice box a day - usually right after preschool since his blood sugar is low and he is a monster.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:15 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I'll be honest. My 2.5 yr old gets all of the following
    milk, water, juice (not watered down), pop (not fair for me and DH to drink it and him to not be able to), Kool aide, basically everything and anything.
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 12:38 AM on Dec. 6, 2009