How many years of college does it take to become a neonatal nurse?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I'm wanting to do nursing and was just curious.

zackaroosmom

Asked by zackaroosmom at 11:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in

• My cousins an RN and her and her friend did their nursing program together. The NICU RN friend didn't do more college than my cousin.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• It varies by state. Some states require a four year nursing degree; others require a two year nursing degree.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• It depends on how intelligent you are. I thought you were going to school for cosmetology? Neonatal nurse takes a lot more time and effort. 

Anonymous

• I was doing cosmetology, but decided it was the wrong thing at the time. I would like to go back and start over at a better school, but not any time soon. Honestly 1500 hours in cosmetology isn't a short time. Anyways, I know that nursing will take longer since I'm wanting to at least get my BSN. Just because it will take awhile and that I'll have to put effort into it, doesn't mean it's going to stop me from doing it. I just didn't know if it took longer for specialties. Since no one really answered my question I'm guessing the specialties will be my electives.
    zackaroosmom

Answer by zackaroosmom at 12:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2009