Do you tip?

I never tip. Why not? Waitress is suppose to clean the table and bring you the food. why give them extra money. pizza delivery- they charge me a fee to bring my food. why would i give them more money? I think it is so stupid to tip

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i hope you never go to the same place twice. servers remember the non-tippers =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Because in some states, servers/bartenders don't make minimum wage. Here in Wisconsin they make 2.40 something an hour I believe. They rely on tips as their income. I was a waitress. I know.
    If it was bad service, then I don't tip. Like last weekend, the waitress just acted like she didn't want to be there, there was attitude, etc. I usually know right away if I'm going to tip or not.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 11:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• You tip because it is polite for good service. A reward for a job well done. Servers are paid less than minimum wage and often rely on tips to make a decent wage. Not tipping is rude in my opinion.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I don't tip at Sonic, but at actual resturants I do. Assuming the service was good.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• For good service I tip 20%. These servers will remember you, It's been 10 years & I can still remember good tippers/bad tippers. Trust me better tippers get better service.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I do tip for good service, but for the most part I agree with you that they're doing their job and already getting paid.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:04 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Obviously you have no idea how the service industry works. You are COSTING the waiters money by not tipping. Waiters get taxed on their gross sales, so however much you spend for your meal, the government assumes they made approx. 15% off your table and taxes them accordingly. So they have to PAY for you to eat out and then you don't tip them?? That is so rude! Their paychecks only cover their taxes. My husband NEVER gets a paycheck. All of this hourly wage goes to paying his taxes, so the ONLY money he makes comes from his tips. If you don't want to tip, stay home or go to fast food. Again, you are COSTING the waiters money when you eat out and don't tip.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 12:08 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I only tip if the service is good. I don't care if they make less than minimum wage. It's still their job to do good. Pizza guys I tip if they get to my house really fast. If the tip money is supposed to be part of of the wages, then they better earn it.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:13 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I do agree though that there is no need to tip for bad service. That is just rewarding bad behavior and lets them know that it's okay to give crappy service. But if the service is good, then a tip is necessary. Bad servers don't deserve tips, regardless of how much it costs them in taxes.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 12:17 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• i would never do this but where i work there are some couples that come in all the time (non tippers) everyone knows they are...and there are certain servers that will spit in their drinks. i just pretend i dont see it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:22 AM on Dec. 6, 2009