do black people get offended?

THIS IS CRAZY!
i bought my cousins baby (the baby is mixed) some outfits for christmas and was showing my sister...one of the outfits has cute little monkeys on it and monkeys on the feet. My sister said i shouldnt give my cousin this because her bf will be offended and they probably wont put it on their baby! I think thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard but my sis insist that they would be insulted. Dont all babies wear this? my sister said because some racists call black babys little monkeys. Should i not give my cousin this outfit..its so cute! Do you think she would be insulted?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Shopping

• I have never heard of that and if they do think that then that's completely ignorant. Should we not give white children crackers to eat since white people are often referred to as "crackers?" When you put it that way it sounds completely ignorant.
    i agree with that statement .
    you bought it with one intention , it was cuz of love and da outfit , out of all outfits there , it standout to u the most , so what ? its your taste , yourgood intention , and nothing else . they will apreciate it . dont hesitate , besides , i think that if you wanted to be racist , you wouldnt have bought anything and you would have just opted to tell the person , w/e racist comment you want to say lol . people like your sister make this world more difficult to live at , by thinkin that such sweet gestature like yours is "racist" besides , if baby outfits w/ monkeys on it were difficult they'd had been taken out of the market long time agooooo
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 1:55 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 11:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• haha..thats what i told my sis
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• that is crazy!
    we dont get offended for something like that. If its cute and you bought it from the kindness of your own heart then give it to them. who cares what anyone else thinks you should or shouldnt do.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Of course they do, Dont you remember the whole story of costco removing a baby doll because it was black with a toy monkey that said little monkey?
    All because a BLACK woman said it was racist.
    Im sure that your family will ove it. You just have to watch out for those nuts that want to pull the race card on EVERYTHING
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• thank you...i really appreciate your opinion sugah mamma...
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• love***
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Yea I wouldnt see why they would get offended.Why would that be the first thing on their mind?
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 11:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• i do remember that story!! Now i'm confused!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2009