how long did it take you after you had your baby to be able to go back to "normal"

like being able to: cook, clean, go out shopping, and just feeling normal and healthy? im having my baby in a few weeks and am trying to get an idea.

im shooting for a natural birth and im also 20 so anyone in that bracket?

cumminsoonindec

Asked by cumminsoonindec at 12:40 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• about 1- 2 weeks. Labor takes a toll on the body and it hurts everywhere for awhile. I had a second degree tear so it took a little while longer.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 12:42 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Well, I had a c section, so I was "restricted" by the Dr. on certain things. However, within a week of the surgery I felt almost totally normal...just a little sore. Within two weeks, it was as if I'd never had it at all. Then again, I was walking around the hospital that night, so...either I was just lucky, or I can really tolerate pain, idk.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:43 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• well im 21 and this was my first child, honey i had to get up and do everything on my 3rd day home , i was in pain although my delivery was normal,if you have someone to help you then you should def take it, i know i would have(but i have no fam here and hubby had to work) and my DD was born in the summer so it wasnt as hard to be out as it might be for you because we are in Dec and its colder now to take out a newborn unless its necessary
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 12:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• thx guys, i for got to say my baby has to go to immediate surgury afterwards and i wont be able to take her home for prolly a month..... :(
    cumminsoonindec

Answer by cumminsoonindec at 1:42 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• It really depends on how well you are able to bounce back from illness and injury. I didn't feel up to getting out of bed for a couple weeks (could have been the sleep deprivation but who knows)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 4:13 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I had a c-section, so I had to stay on bed rest for about a week. I was sore, my feet were swollen & I felt unblanced without my huge belly..lol. I gained 20 lbs during my pregnancy and left the hospital 35 lbs lighter, so I lost all my pregnancy weight and more. It's almost 9 months later and I still don't have my pre-baby body back. I have this HUGE skin flap that hangs over my scar and putting on pants is a nightmare!
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Back to normal? My son is 2 now and I only JUST feel like I am going back to normal as me..like I mean I am now going out more and am not always focused on my son as he doesn't need me to be.
    Anonymous