how long did it take you to get back to "normal" ?

like going shopping, cleaning, cooking, taking walks, ect... nothing like excersise or work just the simple tasks.

im 20 and planning on natural. anyone in that bracket?

cumminsoonindec

Asked by cumminsoonindec at 12:42 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had my first one when I was 20 and I thought Ihad to be supermom right off the bat. I did it natural and an hour later I was in the shower. My advice would be to take it easy. Enjoy the first weeks with baby. The house stuff is not as important. I would reccommend getting some meals frozen and see if you have anyone willing to come over for a few hours to help you every day. That could mean hold the babay while you take a nap to washing your dishes. its tough and I dont think people tell new moms that enough so they can prepare. And if you are doing too much too soon then you can start bleeding again and thats NO FUN! lol Good luck and congrats on your new baby!
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 12:58 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I can't remember if it was one hour or two. ;-) But I was up directly after childbirth and then life was normal. I didn't even go to bed that night (7 pm birth) I was so happy!

Natural childbirth is pretty awesome~ the natural hormonal high felt ecstatic!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:10 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I had planned to go natural, but ended up needing an emergency c-section. However, even with that, I was out running errands and cooking dinner and such a couple of days later, and was going for 4 mile walks again within 2 weeks. I still had some pain with overexertion, but I just listened to my body, and did what it allowed me to do. You might try getting Schwan's food delivery, and stock up the freezer through them, and get some take out menus, or even some friends and family lined up to drop off casseroles and other dinners the first few days, and maybe some to clean and run errands so you can focus on the baby.
    Hoping to go all natural next time!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:18 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• thanks mommies i for got to say that she will have immediate surgury after shes born and i wont be able to take her home for a whole month.... :(
    cumminsoonindec

Answer by cumminsoonindec at 1:43 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• You really should take it easy as possible those first few weeks.
    I can tell you both times for me I was up and aroudn an hour after birth and movinf around. I didnt take it easy at all and it actually took me longer to heal. :(
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:10 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I was 25 when I had my dd. I did lose quite a bit of blood afterward, and my hemoglobin was pretty low for 48 hours. But after that, I felt great. I had my entire family over the day we came home, and it was great. I wasnt expected to entertain, and everybody was helpful. The following day we took all of the kids to Chuck E Cheese, because my sister was in visiting from another state with her 4 kids. Honestly, once my hemoglobin went back to normal, I felt great. I think the natural birth was so empowering to me, and it made me realize how strong I was. I was also nursing, and it was incredible to see my body continuing to nourish and nurture my baby.
    mamalinzie

Answer by mamalinzie at 8:04 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Im soprry to hear your baby is having surgery soon after birth. I hope everything is alright with her. I will keep you two in my prayers.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 2:44 PM on Dec. 7, 2009