How many gifts and how much money do you normally spend on your children for Christmas? It seems Christmas is all year long for most kids.

NativeMomInAL

Asked by NativeMomInAL at 12:50 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Holidays

• About 300 dollars and I dont really count the gifts. I bought my daughter 2 big gifts (around 50 dollars a piece) and the rest small gifts under $20. I bought her books, clothes, and learning toys. I also have stocking stuffer which I dont count or put a price tag on. It usually consists of small things like a toothbrush, socks, mini books. Shes my only daughter and 16 months old. Whenever I have more children I will probably be more money cautious.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 12:54 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I don't really celebrate Christmas and tend to buy for my kids all year round.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 1:01 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• we're spending about 200-250 on presents for the kids. not much toys - they don't need any more of those. lol

lots of books, piano music for our oldest, art supplies, board games, puzzles
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:26 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Depends on our money situation we spend what we can afford. We spent alot this year cause we could afford it.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:01 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• We usually get our kids one gift each and spend about $20. They are all young, and we don't want christmas to be about the presents. This year we are spending $5 each.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:01 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I think I'm spending about $300. My son was born in August 08, and so we waited until Christmas to buy him any toys, other than the gifts and toys we had from when he was born and the shower. We had enough gifts after Christmas that he didn't get anything new until August, on his birthday. Now, we are getting him appropriate toys to last him until his 2nd birthday, and he won't get many new toys until August '10. He gets a few toys here and there- my mom gets him something for valentine's day and if we get gift cards for christmas, or pool toys, etc, but very cheap and not typical. I am getting him enough this year to put under the tree to look impressive (just so that he notices! lol!) the Little People stuff, though I'm not sure what yet, a piano (one of those awesome mini ones, it was on sale for $20 from $90 last year after the holidays) and then his stocking and some small things (sippy cups, clothes, etc, too)
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• This year is the most we have spent ever. My girls are getting a Wii (thats actually for the whole family) and then an outfit each and a couple of things under $20. My son is getting a tool bench ($50) and A couple of $10 toys. He is only 20 months. It really always depends on our financial situation. We are doing a little better this year. My kids do not get toys all year and for no reason. They EARN money through chores and things and are able to save or splurge....they are learning the value of saving for larger things......although SOMEtimes the money still burns a hole in their pockets! LOL
    Anonymous

• I spend about $200 on my son for Christmas. I also do not buy him alot throughout the year. He earns what he wants. I spend about $100 on his birthday in July.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I feel so sad for kids who only get one $5 gift. Hope financial times get better for everyone! I wish more people who need help would come forward. There are many of us who would love to help those who need or want it.

I don't have a set price I just pick up things along the year that I think he would like then I buy one big present. My guess would be I spent around $400 this year.
    Anonymous

• For the kids, we spend anywhere from 300-500. This year, they aren't getting any clothes other than their christmas PJs, so it will be closer to 300. They usually get $500 from the Grandparents for us to buy them additional gifts and or things that they may need, like new bedding, or a dresser.

I'm not sure why you say that Christmas is all year round for most kids. Most of the kids I know don't get gifts every week or two.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2009