Massage Therapy

Has anyone gone through schooling for this? There's a school near where I live that I'm interested in but I can't find anywhere on their website or the school catalog about how long it takes. They have the full-time session and a part-time session so Im trying to guess how long it would take. I'm giving the school a call on monday but I was just curious.

Also, if you went through school and are working as a massage therapist, do you enjoy it? What kind of hours do you work? Whats is the average salary/hourly average?

Thank you!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• You need to ask this question in your local area. I am certain that the job prospects vary drastically by region.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:18 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• From my experience locally, it's not something worth spending your money on. Most of the students I know are working at the mall. No jobs. Unless you can afford to open your own business, it's not worth it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I have no idea about schools and cost and time, but I do know that there are several massage therapists in my area (and I live in the middle of NOWHERE) They all make pretty decent money, most massages cost about one dollar per MINUTE here (thats 60 bucks an hour) and they work in places like hair salons, and the chiropractors office. Of course you can always open your own business, my ex SIL used to work out of her home or go to others home with her portable table and she was making OK money doing that too.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 11:55 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Also, if you went through school and are working as a massage therapist, do you enjoy it? It took me two years to get through school because not only did I get my certificate in massage therapy I got my Associates Degree to go along with it. I LOVE it, I work indepently, we an elite selected client. What kind of hours do you work? I set my own hours. Whats is the average salary/hourly average? Salary is different anywhere, the beauty of working for yourself you can set your own prices and keep your tips! I have been doing it for over 2 years now.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2009