What do you think of this Climate Change treaty? How will it affect the U.S.??

Whatkids

Asked by Whatkids at 1:13 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Carpy, I hope you are right but I think Obama is going to give us up to them, it's the next big step in putting their one world system into place... :( I keep hearing his supporters say that ALL of the e-mails that EXPOSE these scientists, makes no difference. We should not be concerned about the fact that they admit that they deleted and fudged numbers to make things appear to be the WAY THEY ARE NOT! It makes no difference and Obama still needs to commit the U.S. to the Kyoto Protocol in Copenhagen. Again I sooo hope you are right, but this administration hasn't listened to it's citizens thus far, I doubt they will begin now...
    And there are those who want to take Al's Oscar back, lol, duh! He shouldn't have gotten it or the Nobel Peace Prize. The Nobel Peace Prize is of no virtue any more, it's worthless, it is merely bought by the highest bidder, a disgusting show of greed and self absorbed arrogance...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 2:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• It likely won't affect the US because i doubt Obama will be stupid enough to sign it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:12 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• MOST of the countries who signed the Kyoto Accord are NOT meeting their emissions quotas. I doubt Copenhagen will Improve that. What it WILL do is transfer cash. It allows wealthy countries to continue to pollute but BUY their way out by supporting environmental missions in 3rd world countries.

If you live in a hut in the middle of nowhere, a solar cooker would probably be a vast improvement. However, it won't do much toward reducing greenhouse gases.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:05 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ out of my pocket for no other reason than to pad someone else's.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• jesse has it right on the nose! I am afraid that he will sign the treaty, but I *think* (hope) that Congress can override whatever he does to sell us down the river. Otherwise, between that and UHC, things could get very very ugly here in the good ole US of A.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:53 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Obama is far from stupid he knows exactly what he is doing. Be ready to be run by the UN.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:49 AM on Dec. 7, 2009

• 29 After he signs that there is nothing congress can do. Un will have control they need to do it before he signs and time is running out.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:50 AM on Dec. 7, 2009