Does anyone know a GOOD teething toy/ring for me to buy for my 6 month old son?

he won't chew on anything i give him. he will ONLY chew on my finger. i think it is because my finger reaches his BACK gums. does anyone know of a teether that is like the shape of a finger?...i'm tired of having only one hand free, and he's old enough to hold a teether by himself
thanx

Kimra

Asked by Kimra at 1:16 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://www.sippycupcorner.com/Je-Je-and-Sophie-Teething-Pack-p/kits%20-%20teething.htm

i loved the jeje teether, but the giraffe has legs they can chew on
    cespranger

Answer by cespranger at 1:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Have you tried wetting a washcloth and putting it in the freezer and then giving it to him? Not sure if it would work for the back gums, but it's worth a shot.

i know i bought my daughter this thing that looks like a pacifier but it has a mesh sack that you can put ice or fruit in so the baby can eat/suck on it but keeps the mess to a minimum. Also, no sure if it reaches the back, but he might like it. Mu daughter loved it with ice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Well I couldnt find a picture online so I busted my toe slipping on the kitchen floor in my fuzzy socks going to the fridge to get my daughters teether  LOL, but I took a picture of ours.My daughter is a finger chewer too and wont really take anything else. She loves this classic pooh teether though. We go it at target for like 8 dollars. She LOVES this. It has been a finger saver lol

Oh also those little links rings that walmart has she likes those as well

Here is the picture :)

12-06-09_0252.jpg picture by easujwu

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:58 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Oh and it is really flexable. She folds it in half all the time to get it in her nouth too LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:04 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Gymboree has hand-shaped teethers.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:15 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• hi i used this for my daughter when she was teething and it worked a treat i got it out off a herbal or a chemist
    New Era R For Infants' Teething Pains 450 tablets here is a link to them give this a go they are hearbal and you cant tuch them as they desolv in your hand they worked fo me hope this helps
    http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/921654_New_Era_R_For_Infants__Teething_Pains__450_tablets.html
    weesandra

Answer by weesandra at 8:01 AM on Dec. 6, 2009