HELP!!!!!! i think i just lossed my mucus plug approx size of 50 cent piece, I FELT IT PASS feeling like i need to pee. im 26 weeks pregnant. i my boobs have been leaking the past 5 days. got dull aches in lower tummy, i feel like im tight in the tummy. ive had a problem free pregnancy apart from getting bitten by a red back 4 times about 3 weeks ago PLEASE HELP NOT SURE IF I SHOULD WORRY

sarahandmark09

Asked by sarahandmark09 at 1:33 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think maybe you should call your doctor. Better safe than sorry, right? I haven't experienced labor yet, but it really sounds like you're about there!
    mrs.anderson24

Answer by mrs.anderson24 at 1:35 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• There most likely is nothing to worry about and what you just described sounds TOTALLY normal in pregnancy! Your boobs will have colostrum at this point, cramping is normal and BH's (if you get them) tend to start around now. Mucous plugs will regenerate themselves and you will lose it off and on throughout the rest of your pregnancy. You will probably continue to lose it for a few days and then it will stop and will start up again in a weeks. I am not sure what a "red back" is but hopefully you were seen by a doctor about that
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:37 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• mrs.anderson...

I am not a pro in the labor area, I only have 2 kids, but I have been a labor coach 11 times so I have been present for quite a few births. Nothing that she described leads me to believe that she is "about there" and saying things like that to someone who is only 26 weeks can be VERY scary to them!!

I would advise you (mrs. anderson) to read up more on labor because it seems that you are mistaken if you believe that any of that is a sign of labor nearing!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:39 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• All sounds normal to me. You can lose your plug early, and it will regenerate. It is NOT an indication of when you will go into labor. Your breasts can leak as early as your first trimester, and it's perfectly fine. Your tummy getting tight is fine, those are "practice contractions," basically your uterus getting toned up and ready for the big day. Dehydration, stress, physical activity and other things can bring that on. Have a glass of water, and lie on your left side for a bit to help them subside if they bother you. If they are coming regularly, then you have something to worry about (as in, a few minutes apart, consistently). You are probably having round ligament pain (the pain in your lower belly), which is because of your expanding uterus. The round ligament is one of the ligaments that holds your uterus in place, and so when it stretches, it can cause some pain. Many women experience this.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:41 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• If you are still concerned, you can certainly call your doc, and see what they recommend, but if the pain isn't coming and going regularly, I think you're fine.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:42 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• If you are that scared go in for an observation! I had several done. Or call, the nurses will tell if you you should be concerned.
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 1:42 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Are you sure it was your mucous plug and not just a discharge? I would probably recommend doing some light and easy stretches and see if that helps. If the pain starts becoming very regular and unbearable, call your nurse or midwife and see if they have any ideas. At 26 weeks I hope its not labor and it probably isnt. Its probably just your body getting itself ready and the baby growing and filling up all the space in there.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I would describe your symptoms to y our doctor and see if he wants to see you. I would take any unusual symptoms very seriously this early in the game. My best friend delivered @ 32 weeks after a labor that began with just some vague back aches. I am also an L&D RN and have seen preterm labor start like what you are describing. Just give a call to be safe.
    mama02040608

Answer by mama02040608 at 6:58 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• If you did lose your plug, you should mention it to your OB. No, they do NOT regenerate. Geez. It also is a LOT bigger than a 50 cent piece. (huge handful of gelatinous mass) Losing the plug also doesn't necessarily signal labor. I lost mine at 35 weeks and still had to be induced at full term.

Your BREASTS are going to leak. They're getting ready to produce milk.

Your lower stomach area is going to feel tight...IT'S STRETCHING OUT.

I don't read anything that says "labor" but I've only done it three times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• For your peace of mind, go get looked at. Being stressed out when your prego isn't fun or healthy.
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 9:03 AM on Dec. 6, 2009