What religions/denominations are not biblical...

or add their own stuff to make the bible speak how they want it to? Proof that they are wrong please a scripture would be nice.

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Are you looking for someplace to hang your hat or are you looking for ammo for criticism? I guess I wonder at your intentions.

I honestly think that she is just trying to figure it all out- I mean there is so much confusion when it comes to all this...who is right, what do different religions/ denominations believe/ IS there a God stuff.

As for my take on all of it- I believe if you try to jsut live life as a good/ decent person who is willing to help others and not willingly cause harm or sadness to others then you will be fine. I think that though some people may have good intentions-they can still be hutful and judgemental to others and to me that is NOT how you would get to heaven if there IS one :)
    They all pick and choose what they want to use or how they want to interpret the bible so I don't think there really is any other way than to be a good person-do thebest you can :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:49 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Basically, all the answers you are going to get are going to be like "My religion is the true religion and all the other religions are wrong. Here is one verse out of the entire huge bible or Koran or LDS book that proves I'm right and everyone else is wrong"

Personally I think all religions have elements of truth and all religions have things that are wrong. Our job is to find the religion that is closest to the truth, but since we are human we look for whatever is going to support what we want to be true and not necessarily what is true. Some people like a lot of rules/guidelines so they find a religion that gives them that. Others want no rules - just what 'feels' right to them so they find a religion that supports that.

I think the religions that spend all there time insulting others beliefs are the ones that are furthest from the truth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• All of them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I am not looking for bashing but I do hear how LDS and SDA's have it wrong, also the catholics are criticised. So there are three denominations. Please show me how they are/are not biblical.

I'm no Angel
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Every single denomination has it's own added "stuff". All think that they have the answer to God's truth, but if you look closely at each you'll find error. The only truth is to follow the Bible no matter where you hold church membership.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 4:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• The Bible says to test every doctorine by God's word to decern weather or not it is from Him.Any religion that does not follow the Bible and and accept that it is the word of God, or only takes certain scriptures and not the entire bible is a doctrine of devils. read the KJV Bible and you will be fine and the truth will set you free.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:45 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• What do you mean by "biblical"? Denominations arise as different perspectives became more popular or people feel that the denominations available to them have become corrupt. Some focus on different things, while others have major theme differences (grace through faith v works for example).

The Mormons have created their own books of the bible just a hundred years ago.

Even the bible that you see on the store shelves now do not contain ALL the books of the bible. Some were left out for various reasons. The history of the bible is fascinating. There are some denominations that include those books.

Are you looking for someplace to hang your hat or are you looking for ammo for criticism? I guess I wonder at your intentions. And remember, depending on who is answering, it's only their POV. Some opinions are more based on fact than others, but it is still up to you do to the research and come to conclusions yourself.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 9:25 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• There is no "biblical" religion or denomination. Those titles came later after followers interpreted passages differently. For each new interpretation there is a new denomination.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:57 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I have to agree with the "All of them" comment! Each religion views what is in the bible differently and adds to or takes away from the bible what they choose to.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:05 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• All of the religions in the world except for the various Christian, Jewish & Muslim sects are not Biblical. All of the Christian sects do their best to make sense of & follow a very complicated compilation of myths, taboos, moral stories, etc. that is called the Bible. All Christians who give thought to that kind of thing, try to find the denomination that seems to be doing the best job of that, or choose not to follow any sect at all & make sense of the Bible by themselves. Jewish & Muslim sects use parts of the Bible, along with other teachings to guide them. The rest of the world uses other sources.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2009