The food laws...

Why did God make them?

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• To teach boundaries, and restraint.

Similar to you setting boundaries with your children. If you didn't have rules, they would run all over the place and wouldn't listen to you when you had something to say.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• So then why did God take the food laws away? or did he?

I'm no Angel
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• he did take them away in the new testament
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• God gave the dietary laws for health as well as other reasons. He wanted to protect His people from disease and shortened life spans due to eating things not fit for human consumption.

Though it may appear so in modern translations, (NASB,NIV,ect.) He did not take them away! Read Acts 15:20. It contains some of those same laws. Blood, pork, shellfish, buzzard are still nasty carrion feeders. God wouldn't want us putting junk into our bodies, and these things live on garbage.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 4:46 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Speaking of laws and self discipline, why is it that so many teenage Chrisitians are getting pregnant?And why are so many conservative Christian Moms having affairs? None of them pay attention to self-discipline,do they?

Because they are human and as humans we all sin.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:15 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Dietary laws still exists except for the Christians who Peter changed the laws of God by saying he had a dream. I guess peter was a prophet. the Christians no longer adhere to what they call the old testament (which is also part of the new testament) go figure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• God didnt make those laws man did, when the bible was written. It a mere perception of healthy eating which is why there is so much controversy between Christian Vegans and Christian meat eaters.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:06 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• So you believe that god created man and left him with no instruction on how to live life?
    Anonymous

• I do not believe He took them away. I believe men took them away.

~CSL
    Anonymous

• If God did not take away the food laws Lexi then why are so many decieved into thinking he did. Jesus did say that it's not what we eat or drink that has anything that has to do with salvation. I mean we all read the same bible.

I'm no Angel
    Anonymous