How can i stop my daughter from drinking all of my orange juice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• smack her, lol jk
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Yes. Buy her some of her own. "Your" orange juice??? What ....the .....hell.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 2:18 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• um why wouldnt u want to give her some?? buy more and quit being so damn greedy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Why? It is good for her. If you want more go buy some buy extra.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:56 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• actually, like ANY juice, without the benefit of the fruit flesh it winds up being excess calories... that is why we do not buy juice, they drink water, and eat fruit.

i don't think its greedy, kids shouldn't be allowed to get anything out of the fridge without permission. period. i keep things (so does my SO) that are NOT for the kids, and they know they have to ask if they want us to share. likewise, i buy things for them that we do not readily eat.

set some ground rules about what is and is not allowed, talk to her like an adult about respecting other peoples things, boundaries, etc. she is definitely old enough to be receptive, and is at an age where she feels she shouldn't be treated like a "little kid". so, talk to her.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:03 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Buy her her own juice and let he know that when it's gone, she's out until you go grocery shopping. That's what we have always done here. Our sons (who are all adults now) got their own breakfast choices (oatmeal, frozen waffles, non-sweetened cereal), their own snacks and their own drinks. They knew from the time they were old enough to choose (our older two were 4 and 5 and then our younger 2 were the same ages when they got to choose....the older 2 were then 9 and 10) that when they ran out, that was that. Hubby and I had our own drinks and snacks and the boys knew that what we had was not theirs to eaat when they ran out of theirs. They learned young to eat things in moderation, to make things last and to respect what belonged to other people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• why are you so selfish?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:02 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Is there a reason you can't share? Just wondering.
    slvrspoon98

Answer by slvrspoon98 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I would tell her that I am happy that she is making healthy choices by going for the juice instead of sodas and etc. Maybe compromise. Have her drink a small glass of water first, because its healthy too, and then tell her she can have the equivilent in juice. I think you both will win on this one.

I personally go for the natural fruit thing too because juice is still loaded with perservatives.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Oops...tell her that YOU are happy that she is making healthy choices...........
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2009