HELP MY DD HAS A HIGH FEVER!

HOW CAN I REDUCE HER FEVER I ALREADY GAVE HER MOTRIN SHE IS 7 MONTHS WHAT ELSE CAN I DO? AT WHAT POINT OR DEGREES IS IT OK TO TAKE HER TO THE HOSPITAL OR CALL HER DOCTOR? PLEASE HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 100.1 isnt that bad.
    How did you take the temp? Anal , Ear , Under the arm?
    If it was an anal temp then you take off 1 degree so it would onyl be 99.1
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:36 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• What is the temp? Did you try a cool rag or a cool bath?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:33 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Oh and it is always ok to call the dr.
    Mrs.Owen86

• OP: 100.1 I TRIED THE COOL RAG..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Is she fussy? Is it affecting her badly?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:37 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Also how long ago did you give the motrin? You should give it time to take affect.
    It usually takes an hour or so for my 7 month old to have mortin take affect in her.
    Mrs.Owen86

• OP; well i don't know if it has anything to do that she got her flu shot yesterday but she also had a fever yesterday and she was ok all day till now... im really worried i took her temp under the arm... so when is the temp too high to be worried>?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:41 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• OUr dr told us that 102 is a worry point.
    If she just got her shot then it is normal to have a slight temp just as an adult would.
    It is a possible side affect. If she seems happy and it isnt causing her any pain or to be fussy, Id say calm down and give it time to work itself out.
    If you are really worried then it doesnt hurt a thing going to the hospital and having them look at her.
    I can tell you from personal experiance with the under the arm temp it always was off a bit.
    My sons temp was never as bad as under the arm said.

If she is fussy and it seems to be causing some kind of pain then just go ahead and go see a dr.
    Try the cool bath, if nothing else at least she can play in the tub for a while. I know my daughter LOVES that.
    I hope she feels better soon.
    And relax honey little ones can pick up on your stress and worry. Which can make them fussy as well.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:46 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Try wiping her down with alchol. For under 1 102 is high. Since you took it under her arm you add a degree. It's most likely the vacination. Most littles when they get one get a temp. I'm surprised they didn't tell you that, Thier body is working on adjusting to the vacine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Try wiping her down with alcohol. For under 1 102 is high. Since you took it under her arm you add a degree. It's most likely the vaccination. Most little ones when they get one get a temp. I'm surprised they didn't tell you that, Their body is working on adjusting to the vaccine. Haven't had coffee yet and hit anon then answer.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 6:59 AM on Dec. 6, 2009