Christmas eve

What is that you do for fun on Christmas eve with your family?

3rdDay

Asked by 3rdDay at 7:21 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Holidays

• Visit. Maybe open gifts. Eat.
    dani2780

Answer by dani2780 at 7:40 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• lmao, I'm busy on Christmas Eve: wrapping and cooking. We either go to church or watch videos on Christmas Eve night until my son wheedles me into opening one gift. LOL, his birthday is 12/22, you think that would hold him til Christmas.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• we tend to before bed gather around the tree and open ONE present....probably wont be doign that this year though because finances are short....lol
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:56 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• we usually go drive around and look at lights then the kids get to open ONE gift myabe have some hot choco...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:08 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Lately all we've done is run from one family event to another. When I was little, we would go to mass, then come home and have dinner, which always included shrimp cocktail (to this day, a week before Christmas I start to crave shrimp) with my grandma and my aunt and the rest of the family that was catholic (usually, after mass someone would say "we're going home for dinner, join us?" so it wasn't like we were excluding anyone or whatever...lol) Then we would just sit around and talk and whatever, family would go home and we'd finish wrapping gifts, then we'd open one present before bed.
    Now, the whole family has quit going to church for the most part and my aunts have started having open houses on christmas eve, they take turns. So now that we have the baby, we run to the open house, run to my parents, come home, put the baby down, play santa, wake up, go to 4 houses for christmas, come home and fall over...
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• We got to my Catholic in-laws house and eat fish dinner. They used to make us stay til midnight to open gifts but now with 2 little ones we do it earlier and then head home.
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 1:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• We wait to decorate the tree till xmas eve, we all open one gift (special xmas pjs every year) get cookies out, write a letter to santa saying ty, draw pictures, sprinkle "reindeer food" on the lawn (loose granola). watch the xmas classics like the year with out santa and frosty the snow man, sing songs.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• well, i like to do a reading of the christmas story (bible) and then a communion, and then reading from a christmas book that has various poems, and stories followed by a birthday cake for Jesus and then an opening of one or two presents, but DH is a poop who doesn't like to do much of anything like that for any holiday, so, yeah, i don't know.
    Anonymous

• We visit with family. Watch the parades and Christmas movies on TV. Then in the late evening we all get to open one gift. That's how we did it growing up. I plan on continuing the tradition with my kids.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2009