Amazon.com

My 5 year old wants a ds for xmas they are 129.99 at walmart amazon has some used for 99.99..............Is it worth saving a little money has anyone ever used amazon?

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 8:00 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We bought a lot of things like Christmas from Amazon and were very pleased with most things. There was some jewelry I felt like was not nearly the quality I was expecting. I've ordered several things this year and am just waiting for them to arrive. Amazon is like e-bay, there are many different sellers. If it is from amazon it'self I would be very comfortable. If it is from one of the other sellers, check the feedback from others before ordering.
    When it comes to the used ds I think GameStop has them about that price, without the shipping and handling, and they come with a 30 day warranty.
    Bluebonnet72

Answer by Bluebonnet72 at 8:21 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I use amazon all the time, and I've used their vendor option frequently and in general been OK with it. I have ordered some stuff from the vendors that was not as they described. Sometimes they replace and sometimes not. After you've dealt with a bad vendor you can complain to Amazon,but I haven't taken it that far. For all the stuff I've ordered from Amazon and from their vendors, I'd say that the vast majority is fine. I do most of my non-grocery shopping online, and I like to keep my credit card information restricted to as few sites as possible. When you shop with a vendor through Amazon, the vendor doesn't get your credit card information. Amazon handles the money end of the transaction.

Answer by Bmat at 8:35 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• As Bluebonnet says, check the vendor feedback from other customers before buying from them.

Answer by Bmat at 8:36 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• i always use Amazon! I usually only get stuff if it if from Amazon and free shipping
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 9:08 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I buy stuff off Amazon all the time.. I have no complaints about the vendors.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 9:18 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I have used Amazon for about 10 years and never had a problem. Customer service is great! I would recommend it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I have bought all my holiday items from Amazon this year. They saved me tons of money. I only used one third party vendor and it was okay. I usually make sure what I buy is coming from Amazon themselves. You will know when it says it qualifies for free shipping. If it wasn't for them I would not have found what I was looking for. Everywere I went shelves were empty. Much easier to buy it online. Everything I have ordered has arrived on time too.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 11:59 AM on Dec. 6, 2009