Are you tired of some of the moms on here too?

I posted a questions last night about baby names. I wrote my hubby's picks and my picks and asked your opinion. I got some nice responses and two ANONs. One ANON said "come on ppl these names are stupid. I hate ppl who give ugly names to their kids and ruin their childhood. You must hate your kid" and the other ANON said "both names suck. You suck."

Why do some moms feel the need to make coments like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Report them !
    If they get enough reports cafemom will remove their anon buttons.
    They wont even be able to post questions anon
    I am so sorry that they were rude. If you dont mind me asking what were the picks? I guess i missed your post. I love pick baby names LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:22 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• i read your post. i usually do not respond to any baby name questions (they have a totally different section for that). every one has their own opinion about names... personally, it irritates me when people name a child without knowing what the name means. that is much more important to me, than a name "sounding right". it i s personal thing- i didn't tell anyone until the baby was born, so that i wouldn't have to deal with the name debate. let it go, that's all i can say.
    .
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:23 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• OP Thanks Mrs.Owen86! My hubby's picks were Dustin Charles for a boy and Kayla Irene for a girl. My picks were James Christopher for a boy and Mary Evelyn for a girl! What do u think?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• It is what a parent chooses for a name, not someone else's opinion.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 8:33 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I Love the names James Christopher
    They are cute names and I honestly havent heard them that often :)
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:34 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Nice names.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 8:43 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• These women that deliberately come to post insults and derrogatory comments in here are really pathetic and cowards because they hide behind the anon button. I would say report them too, don't even acknowledge them, they will eventually go away.
    The names you picked are nice, uniquely their own.

Answer by older at 8:52 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• LOL - I have to say, honestly, after reading your post at first, while I was agreeing with you that the posts you got were rude, there was a part of me that was wondering "oh man, what in the world are they wanting to name that poor child?!"

Then I read the other comments and I saw the names. Honestly, I think all 4 selections are cute, I have no idea why you got such nasty comments about it. Even if someone doesn't like those names, they aren't hideous. lol - it's not like you were saying you were naming the kid Satan or something...

Now, I have to admit, there are some names that are listed that I like better than others, and while I don't comment on them often, when I do, I try to be very nice about it. And I don't ever comment on a name that has already been given to a child. There's some that are pretty bad, in my opinion, but honestly, it's their child, their prerogative what they want to name their baby...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:54 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• The band of roving trolls strikes again. Some people have no lives and can only feel powerful by coming into websites like this one and being total a$$holes for no apparent reason. Report them, ignore them...they'll never really go away they'll just keep coming back under other accounts. They live for the response they get though so ignoring them is the best way I find to deal with that crap.

I like those names! Good luck to ya no matter what you have!
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 8:55 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• OP ~ I'm sorry I missed your post yesterday, too. It is terrible when some people come on here and just feel the need to put other members down. Sometimes I wonder if all the Anons are really moms or are just imposters.
    As far as the names you and your husband have chosen - I happen to love them all. I'm a bit more partial to James Christopher because my husband's name is James. James is a very noble name.
    I wish you well with your future baby. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:57 AM on Dec. 6, 2009