Would you ever do that to your kid?

My sister's ex is crazy! They seperated about 8 months ago and my sister started seeing another guy about 2 weeks ago. Her ex found out and came to our house and shot her on the foot and put fire on our father's car. He did all that in frond of their children aged 16 and 11.

No matter how mad you were, would you ever do sth like that in frond of your kids? My ex and I have never even fought in frond of our daughter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• shot? as in gun?
    the least i would be worried about is doing it in front of the kids! thats psychotic behavior... at least he will not ever have the children alone again!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:04 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• OP
    Yup, gun. We got a restraining order which is good. But the kids still didn't need to see that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Thats unbelievable. Is she ok?
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 9:09 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• OP
    She will be ok, he just got her on the leg. We was going for stomach which could have been much worse. I don't know what's gotten into him. Everyone loved him, he seemed like the perfect hubby and dad...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• yeah, my ex was outwardly the perfect hubby & dad... at home... drug user, drunk, rapist, abuser, prison warden (he literally nailed all of the window shut from the outside, and reversed all of the locks. then paid a friend to make sure i didn't break out of the house while he was at work. soooo happy to be divorced!).
    is he not in jail? i know how easy it is for him to be bonded out, but wasn't he arrested?

when he goes to court for their divorce, he'll never get those kids alone again... holy crap. (now i'm freaked out about MY ex again... who has been acting really, really, really weird...).
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:19 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• The guy is insane, period. If he is physical with a person, I soubt that his mind can even process the fact that he is traumatizing the children. I hope he landed his ass in jail and that your sister in law can get away from that guy. He sounds very unstable and dangerous. My hope is tha the children will get counseling and that she will be able to move on.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 10:31 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I know you already know the answer to your question. No normal person would do anything like that. This is of course domestic violence and your sister should consider getting an order of protection...which will also address custody and child support for a time limited duration. Your sister is dating? While I am not a prude....it is too soon for any child to see any parent with another person so soon after their parents separated. No matter how horrible the situation is. I would never date during the time period of being separated. This really doesn't look to well in family court. I have had many many many cases in family court (with other families) and a judge will look at that as adding to the drama. He or she is not going to say that out loud - although I have seen some judges do that - but the judge will look at the entire situation as being too red neck for words.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Wow obviously no. That's crazy. Hope all works out in the end!!!
    Anonymous

• He shot her and is out of jail??
    Anonymous

• I would do more than get a restraining order. I would be in court getting an emergency order of custody. I would get SOLE custody with supervised visits. No way in hell that man would be alone with my children. He needs some serious mental helath help. I would NEVER allow that in front of my children.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2009