What's a TROLL?

I've come across that word here a lot... What does it mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in About CafeMom

• OP also, what's an od?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I don't know what an od is, but a troll is someone that intentionally says things to stir up the bees. They always have something negative to say about everything, and their sole purpose is to start fights and piss people off. Basically a miserable wench with nothing better to do with her time.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• i can give you a few lot of names of momma's on here who are trolls but then that would break the guidelines.. LOL
    just kidding.

yes troll is an internet trouble maker to make it short and sweet. someone who is constantly rude on purpose and never has anything nice to say.

don't know what od is. hmmmmmmm i think Cm has a list of abbreviatioin you can look into.

yes and what nicole said. LOL love the last line nicole!
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:37 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I'll give you an example:
    "What a stupid question?? Can't you look it up! You are on a computer. What, can't work google?? I feel sorry that you have bred!"
    And then (depending on the subject) they say really outrageous things. "I hope God kills your children!" "I only beat him when he doesn't pick up his room" "Obama IS the anti-christ!!"
    And usually they have ZERO input in the discussion. Many post anon because they are chickenshit.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 9:39 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I know a few trolls, you want names lol!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• od might mean oldest daughter?

Anyway, trolls are people who write stuff for the fun of reading people's reactions. They like the attention. That's why people say "don't feed the trolls" it means don't respond to their baiting. They're bullies and just because this is a mom site do not think they are necessarily moms. Teenage kids and older men (moms boyfriends) come to this site out of curiousity very often.
    Anonymous

• People who write things just for a reaction. Attention-starved people looking for conflict so that they can feel that someone, somewhere is paying attention to them.
    Awifenmom

Answer by Awifenmom at 3:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• a troll could also be a man?
    Anonymous