Am I wrong or am I overreacting?

I have been talking to this guy everyday... every morning I send him a good morning message. Our conversations seem to be fading out and the last time we talked, it was getting late so I started the convo. We ended up texting all night long, in that conversation I made it very clear that I don't ever get with friends and he said it was ok & was sorry because he didn't want to ruin what we had going because of his cravings. Well, the next morning I sent my good morning & he sent one back. I am not allowed to bring my cell phone to work so I never respond after that. Well I never heard from him at all last night so today I didn't send him a text (first time in 2 weeks). I kinda have mixed feeling & maybe it's because I am insecure but I shouldn't always have to initiate the conversation and after our no-sex convo, I am wondering if he didn't text me last night because of it & now I am kinda in that no more effort from me mood.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Back off from the guy. If he wants to talk to you, he'll make the effort.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I think you need to wait to be contacted by the guy. If he is interested respecting your boundaries he will text you if not, you lost nothing anyways.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 10:18 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I think you need to give the guy a break, if you are only wanting a friend, your a little smothering! Let him breath!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• He is the one who wants the good morning texts, he requested them from me which was odd because I had never did that before... he says that it helps him have a good day. I only text him the one night I mentioned above so I don't really think that I am smothering him.

~OP~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Well, he wanted the mornin' texts before you said friends only, right? If so, then he was probably hoping for more, you shot him down, and he isn't interested in friends!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• wow, lol... i would have to say that because you told him you were not interested in being intimate to save your friendship, then perhaps he has backed off a bit and wants to continue to be buddies. Guys aren't as "talk-ative" as girls when it comes to being "buddies", some guys are kool hang'n out watch'n football and never talk, that's guys for ya.  Its hard to tell what he's thinking. he might be trying to be respectful of your wishes and not push you, into thinking be still wants booty..lol.   Good luck.

EarthHippy

Answer by EarthHippy at 10:30 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I will wait for him to respond... he wanted to come visit me from where he lives but now that's probably off the table since he won't ever be getting any booty from me. When he would text me in the afternoon, he would ask how my day went and it didn't always lead to dirty talk... I felt like he really wanted to get to know me. He would ask questions like "what is you favorite color?", "what music do you listen to?"... those kind of things. I think another reason is that I won't move, he kept bringing that up too when we were texting and us actually being a couple won't ever happen... guess it's all pointless to him now.

~OP~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• just wait till he texts you. If you like this guy you might want to read some articles on the net about how to make a man intrigued by you. They are often helpful in situations like these.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Maybe he was just busy

Answer by admckenzie at 2:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2009