Brown discharge

Hi all
I found out on Thursday I am pregnant and worked it out to be 7 weeks pregnant. I am so over the moon as my partner and I have been trying for over 3 yrs and tried everything and past few months given up all hope of anything working.
well this morning after I have been to toilet when I wipe there is a brown dischage on the paper. I dont have any pain or cramping but when I move \I do have a sort of pinching pain in my lower belly. I have called the out of surgery number which nhs direct suggested and she told me that this is normal and it is hormones and my ligaments stretching in preparation but I am still worried that I may loose the baby which happened to me 11 yrs ago and I so hope I dont have to go through it all again after we have tried so so hard for this.
has anyone else experienced this and is it normal?
Thank you in advance xxx

lizzie77

Asked by lizzie77 at 9:54 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had this same problem at about 10wks..i was in total panic! I went to the er and got all checked out and when they checked they said there was alot of it in there and that it would take a few days before it was all gone..they had no clue where it was coming from but they told me as long as its dark colored i was fine...they done an u.s for me and baby was perfect...i would think you would be ok as long as its dark..if it changed any i would get to the dr or hospital..good lucky congrats
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Brown is fine...that's probably just old implantation bleeding. You'll especially get it after having sex. Red blood or even bright pink would be more of a concern, but even then everything could possibly be fine.

The pinching is quite normal...that is your uterus and ligaments stretching.

If the discharge gets heavier or starts to look more like a period, then contact your doctor again. Otherwise, don't do any lifting, stay off your feet as much as possible, and don't have sex as long as you see the brown discharge still.

I'm in my 3rd pregnancy now and I've always had bright red spotting in the first trimester and everything has always been fine. I'm sure your baby is doing great.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Thank you so much. You both have put my mind at ease
    lizzie77

Answer by lizzie77 at 1:22 AM on Dec. 7, 2009