Mother's Milk Tea and Fenugreek

I got the tea and fenugreek to help boost my milk production and wanted to know if it would be too much for me to take the supplement AND drink the tea at the same time.
Does this pose a risk to the baby (as far as him getting too much of the herbs in my breastmilk)?

Munchkin09

Asked by Munchkin09 at 9:59 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope. Those teas are made with plants/ herbs that are found in regular cooking. None of them cause gas or anything like that. Go for it.

I just started reading this book: Nursing your Baby by the Pryor family.

http://www.amazon.com/Nursing-Your-Baby-Karen-Pryor/dp/0671745484

I find it exceptional and kind to all mothers, nursing and bottle feeding. It has very good science info about what makes breasts make milk, let down milk, etc.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:14 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• There is not an recorded problem with doing either or both of those. Since they are herbal there is no FDA research on the effects of the baby when using these type products. That being said I did both as so millions of women and I personally have never heard a complaint about how it affected their baby. My biggest complaint about fenugreek is that it makes you smell like a waffle. :0) It does work with milk production though! Or it did with me anyway. I personally recommend it along with blessed thistle.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:32 AM on Dec. 6, 2009