does your husband or so take their phone everywhere with them?

my husband alway has his phone with him. he even takes it with him to the bathroom. i know he has internet on it and he looks at stuff while hes using the bathroom.since he always ahs it with him, its either in his hand or pocket, and never just leaves it sitting on the table, its making me think there is something he doesnt want me to see on it. or is it just a normal guy thing to take your phone everywhere?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• So you are the jealous type. My husband doesn't do this but if he did, the last thing that will crossed my mind would be that he is hiding something. If your husband has given you reasons in the past to doubt him, then follow your gut gut instinct but if he hasn't don't torture yourself for such a simple thing. It could be that the phone is his toy that's all. If you resent the amount of time he spent with the phone, then talk with him about it. It probably isn't anything to worry about unless it coexists with other "suspicious behavior"
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 10:56 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• My husband has an iphone and yes, takes it every where...including the bathroom, garage, back yard. It's always in his pocket.

I think nothing of it with my husband because he's a software engineer and way into technology in his off time too. He loves to surf the internet. He checks stock quotes, researches the latest computer game, looks up mix martial arts fighting stats, text messages his guy friends, etc.

Taking the phone with him every where isn't the issue. The issue is whether you can trust your husband or not. I don't worry at all about my husband doing anything inappropriate with his iphone, so for me it's a nonissue. If you can't trust your husband, then him having nonstop access to the internet and text messaging may be an issue.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:07 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• It is part of his job. Everyone of his workers has to report to him. Even the police department with the housing issues. So it is part of his body so to speak.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• my SO has an Iphone, it is like an extra appendage! lol, it goes literally everywhere with him- doesn't bother me a bit. i don't think i have ever actually picked the thing up except in the morning to turn off the alarm... i'm not particularly up tight about stuff like that- he doesn't go through my phone, or purse, or dresser drawers, or anything else. why should i feel the need to violate HIS privacy?

so what if there were something he didn't want me into? thats HIS business, NOT mine. just like my journal, its mine and even though there is nothing incriminating in it, i still don't want him going through it. its a respect issue.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:12 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• My husband does not do this. He'll leave it on the table, or in the bathroom or wherever but takes it with him when he has to go somewhere.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:13 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I always have my phone with me and I have nothing to hide!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• My hubby always has his cell phone with him. He uses it for all kind of things. Boys and their toys. lol
    Mine is in my purse most of the time. : )
    My brother-in-law also has his phone everywhere so I do think it's a guy thing. I don't think there's anything to worry about.
    ajc03

Answer by ajc03 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Yes, but so do I. Isn't it funny how we are now so used to having that stupid thing with us at all times. Just ten years ago, I never really even used the home phone.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:30 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• if i was you, i would wonder too if i was you. my SO takes his phone w him when he goes places, but he often leaves it on the charger, or on the table or whatever. i check his phone. and he checks mine.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:49 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• When my hubby and I started dating he always brought it with him EVERYWHERE... I expressed my concern that I thought he could be hiding something ... now, years later he still leaves it around as a joke...
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 6, 2009