miscarriage?

I have a 10 week old but a few weeks ago my husband and I had intercourse and semen came out the sides of the condom..I'd only been on the pill for 4 days at that point.

I was very concerned that I may have gotten pregnant again but of course it was too early to tell.

I still hadn't gotten my period back yet either.

Well 2 days ago I thought I was getting my VERY heavy bleeding. I also passed a huge clot..

Could this be a miscarriage or is it normal to have this bad of a period after having a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• In my opinion, it would be normal to have a huge clot come out of you after sex...after all you just had a baby 10 weeks ago :) I f it continues to happen though, I would see your OBGYN....
    I don't think it could be a miscarriage, because you would probably have been in a lot of pain.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:39 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I've had two miscarriages and did not have any pain, either time. Since you would be so early in pregnancy, the only way to tell if you were/are pregnant would be to have a blood test done at the doctors office. Periods after childbirth can be very heavy and it is possible that this is just that, a heavy period and the clotting is just from buildup in the uterus. Hope this helps....good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:44 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• My first periods after both of my kids were very heavy with lots of clotting. My OB said that was normal. And several of my friends have been the same way.
    Jen5253

Answer by Jen5253 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2009