Christmas Tree Decorations..

So I have a 13 month very mobile daughter that is going to pull every single ornament off the tree once we put them on. I don't want to make the next month a constant fight with her because she is a very strong willed child. My thought is to just put lights on the tree this year, they would not be able to be pulled off and it will still make the tree pretty :).. what do you think?

ps.. and we do plan on decorating the rest of the house where she cannot reach, and we have a real tree :) THANKS

Mommy2seven

Asked by Mommy2seven at 11:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Holidays

• I just put non-breakable ornaments on the bottom 3/4 of the tree and the breakable, have-to-have on there ones at the top. I also have a small 1-2 ft tree that was my Grandpa's that the boys get to use as their own and decorate. I tied red ribbon bows on it and it even has a kid's choo-choo around it that I found at Goodwill for $4.
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 1:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I put up a gate around the tree...and also put the ornaments on the top 1/3 of the tree so my 2 1/2 who jumps the gate can't get to them! lol
    I think your tree will still look wonderful!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:50 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• ya we thought about a gate but we don't want to spend the money on one right now ugh.. guess we should of thought about this a head of time! Thanks!
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 12:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• When my daughter was 13 months (last Christmas) she didn't really care for the ornaments, she just liked to lay under the tree lol. THIS YEAR is a COMPLETELY different story! *sigh* Maybe just do lights and a ribbon or garland around it so it doesn't look TOO bare?
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I was going to suggest putting a superyard around the tree. Check out craigslist. We sold ours there last year for a fraction of what it costs new. It was the only thing that helped us.

It turns out that we should have kept it. The boy are constantly taking the ornaments off and the ornament hangers are getting lost. If I were you, to save your sanity don't do ornaments where she can reach.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Thanks ladies, we might check into buying one of those yard gates, all your suggests are wonderful!
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 2:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2009