Guys are attracted to me but why can't one of them ever be a keeper?

I have 6 friend request on my myspace of guys who want to be my friend... none of them seem to be keeper material and some of them are really scary looking. I go out and the creepy guys always hit on me or the ones that are too young. This really hot guy has contacted me recently, but he is way too young for me and I don't see him as a potential partner. This other guy is great but it's a long distance thing we have going on since he is in college and he has a baby to stay nearby. Why can't I just find a hot, attactive, mature guy who is perfect for us... arg!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe you are doing something that attracts those types of guys. Try being the type of woman that a man who is a "keeper" would want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• simple- the hot attractive mature guys either dont exist or already taken! im in the same EXACT situation as you. the guys on myspace are totally not keepr material for me and i did start talking to one guy but googled his name and he turned out to be a creep! i did accept a request yesterday from a pretty decent sounding guy that ive never met but we have a mutual friend. we'll see how it goes! good luck- it does take time to find a good guy. at least you arent just accepting ANYONE like alot of girls are doing. he'll come along.
    Anonymous

• I noticed in your question that you kept saying guys off myspace were contacting you.....definitely don't date people from the internet...for sure!
    Find someone locally who you meet while doing everyday things like going to the post office, or work or something regular...
    There are a lot of creepers online....not to say there are some decent people too...but usually people that want to meet you from the internet, have a social prob.
    You'll find a man one day, and he'll be all you want and more! Don't lower your standards!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Just go about your life as though you don't need a man to make you happy! (b/c you don't) Do things you love and take care of yourself body, mind and spirit. He will find you! Don't settle or you will regret it.
    babywhatnow

Answer by babywhatnow at 12:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• It's usually the way you are presenting yourself. If you present yourself in an "I'm available" mode, no one except creeps respond. If you present yourself in a business like manner, well dressed (Not SLUTTY), professional way, then the creeps won't even take a glance your way. You get what you present- so to speak. Myspace is not somewhere where you really want to be searching for a man anyway. Online will only get you creeps. Go hangout at upscale places. Not bars.
    Anonymous

• There are good guys on line (I've got one of them) but I went through many many creeps to get there. The net is a lot like looking for keeper material in a bar. It happens occasionally but it's pretty unusual.
    Keep an eye out in your regular life. The keepers who will be just right are the ones who have the same kinds of interests and habits you have. You may have to be assertive; keepers aren't always the guys who walk up and hit on you!
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I didn't usually met people, met a few guys that i ended up being friends with.

I responded to an add once, just looking to be friends, man on the other side seemed intelligent and a fun person to have coffee with..so thats what i did and we are now married.....

Internet and especially myspace isn't the ideal place to find a SO...it can work but it should always start off as a friendship first and then after you meet see if it turns into something else...IMO

Go out a few times...join some hobby groups you enjoy and see if you meet someone that way...at least then you know you share something in common with them....

Stop looking so hard and you will find it...or it find you
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I disagree with you sandypops. I met my hubby on myspace and he's a great outgoing guy. We've been together 3 years. My friend is actually going through the same thing right now. She meets these guys and they tell her the same thing (whatever that is) and then they turn around and break her heart. I told her today to just concentrate on yourself right now and when the time is right the right guy will come along.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• If you have the cash (and it's not that much) E Harmony is pretty good at weeding out the wankers. Get on it during one of the free weeknds they offer and see if you like it.

Good luck.
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 1:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Perhaps you should do all this in person and not look for a husband on line.

Anonymous