Anyone else losing hair like crazy????

omg, my hair is just coming out in chunks! my shower is full of hair i can run my hand through my hair and just gets hand fulls of hair....im pretty sure its from just having a baby and stuff but i am losing a lot of hair its scary..... anyone else?

BellaBean23

Asked by BellaBean23 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Health

• you do lose up to 100 hairs a day naturally...babies or not. Everyone does.
    If it's coming out by handfuls though...you might want to go to your doctor and get that checked out.
    Do you have any bald spots?
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:43 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• not that i can see right now
    BellaBean23

Answer by BellaBean23 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• It is totally normal to lose hair after having a baby. My doctor told me this: It's like a shock to your system going from being pregnant one minute to giving birth and no longer being pregnant the next. It's a big shift for your hormones. If this happens when your hair is in a period of growth, it stuns it and what hair was growing (because our hair grows in cycles something like every 6 weeks to 3 months) more or less "dies" and falls out. Once your hair is ready to go thru its next growth period, all will start coming back. So for the most part its hormonal. I lost a little with my first child and a TON with my 2nd. I thought I was literally going to go bald. I didn't but I couldn't wear my hair in a ponytail for a while cause I had lost so much around my face. You'll be fine. If you get too worried, call your OB. Good luck.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I didnt just have a baby and my hair is falling out like that too. i have to clean my brush after every use lol.. Some people lose a lot in the winter for some reason. Every time i turn around my hair is on my kids fingers on the christmas tree, on my roommate its just all over lol..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Yeah girl. I lost a butt load of hair after pregnancy and am still losing some (gave birth damn neara year ago). Totally normal. I like to make a hair wall in my shower. So pretty...
    dani2780

Answer by dani2780 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• haha! dani2780.....thats exactly what i do lol
    BellaBean23

Answer by BellaBean23 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• hey remember i told you this happened to me too!!!! Its normal it happened after everyone of mine :)
    anfisasmommy

Answer by anfisasmommy at 10:40 AM on Dec. 14, 2009