Hmm, what should I get him?

So Im at a complete loss of what to get my 13 month old for Christmas. His birthday just passed in November and he got A LOT of toys, so theres nothing really he *needs* and its not like I can ask him what he wants (which is how ill do it when he gets older). But then I feel bad for not getting him anything. I know everyone else will get him even more toys and clothes but I just dont know what to get him myself. Does that make me a bad momma for not getting my child something for christmas? Do you have any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Shopping

• NO...not at all... My oldest is 2 1/2 and she probably wouldn't even know the difference between getting gifts and not, unless she were around other's getting them. I never can think of what to get our kids because they're small and like you, they don't need anything...my family usually loads us with stuff....TOO much stuff in fact!
    He'll never know the difference...and if you still want to get him something, just get him stuff he needs like clothes or a new car seat or whatever it may be! New bedding?
    Your not alone on this one mama! lol
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I was sneaky... the toys he didnt play with (some were still in the box) we'd just re-wrap them and tada! Its a big money saver, and you arent piling on more toys and clothes that your child doesnt need... at that age, the biggest fun is tearing the paper and playing in boxes anyway.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• It doesn't make you a bad mother in the least if you don't get something. I agree with MunchiesMom. If there are any toys he got for his birthday that he hasn't opened or played with, then sneak them away and wrap them up for Christmas. You could get him craft projects, or playdough for Christmas. You could also get him books, videos, music that he can dance to. Just filling up his stocking with toddler treats and fun bath toys should be enough. Because he won't remember this Christmas and everyone else is going to end up spoiling him.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• my son's first Christmas we just got him diapers, 2 outfits, and one $10 toy. his bday is in october and he didn't need anything. plus we knew his grandparents would get him a lot of toys. :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 9, 2009