What do you feel about seeing this.....?

While I was out late shopping at 12:30AM to avoid some crowds last night, I noticed quite a few people out shopping with their children. Ages under 10.

MAYBE they are single Moms, but WHY be out so late, in the cold with kids like that?

I have actually seen some out that late on a school night. Now I myself am a single Mom, BUT I've got a younger sister whom lives with me and babysits should I need to go out while our kids are asleep.

If a Child Services employee was out, (IF) I just wonder what they would do if anything?

I just do not understand bringing a child out so late at night like that.

*side note* John Travolta is a known night owl and he and Kelly and his kids were seen alot in our local WALMART&IHOP after 12 am with his kids...before Jett passed away.

YES! John & Kelly shopped at Walmart!! He's a sweet guy in person. But I knew his sleep issues..don't think it is fair on the kids though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it's ridiculous I work at walmart and I feel for those tired cranky little ones!
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Theres nothing illegal about it.
    And really - there are lots of worse things that parents do - this is just not one to concern yourself about - because you know what? There are SOME parents who DON'T take their kids under 10 out with them at night and leave them alone in a house for hours.
    Anonymous

• I've been on the side that judged (before I had kids), as well as the side that's been judged, because I do, do this with my kids when I "NEED" to...
    So it isn't something I do consistently. There are just those times when you HAVE TO.
    I think we are all a little harsh on one another...without knowing the situation. I try to remember that when I see someone doing things that I may not like...ya know?
    Anonymous

• OP here.

True, which is why I said I know a few may be single parents. I DO understand that.

BUT I have seen quite a few PEOPLE, notice I said people......a man and a wife I guess I should have said. With 3-4 kids in tow and I'm thinking, WHY didn't the wife go out and her hubby or S/O stay home with the kids at 12 AM? OR send HIM to the store. MANY times I see beer in the cart. Can't buy beer after 2 am here.

I actually work til 11:00pm or til 12 am and will run by the store on the way home at night. I always see the people out with their kids.

I am glad they do not leave them at home or stupidy and God forbid in a car, cold outside or not! BUT when it is a full family. I don't get it during the week nights OR the weekends, ya know? Kids have school. One or the other should go to the stores.

And the single people are dilly dallying in the sore, not shopping for food, etc. like they ran out & NEEDED one item!
    Anonymous

• **I meant store! NOT sore! LOL
    Anonymous

• Like you say, some people work different hours and/or just live on different schedules. When my kids were babies, we lived a second-third shift life, partially because that is what their father worked, and partially because those are just my natural body-rhythm hours, too. My kids were not cranky because of being out late, because it was "daytime" for them. They may have been cranky for other reasons sometimes...like because they were kids.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 1:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• We work second shift and my son is on a second shift schedule. He is up late and sleeps late. He is going to be home schooled so why does it matter what his bedtime is. I say mind your own business. CPS wouldn't even bat an eye more than likely and frankly I'm sick of these posts about calling CPS for stupid trivial nonsense. The system is backed up because of people who do that and the REAL abuse gets lost in the middle of it.
    Anonymous

• I think YOU are too nosy and should mind your own business!
    Anonymous

• My husband used to work 2nd shift and he worked 7 days a week with 1 day off every 6-8 weeks. He got home from work at 11:30p and he left for work at 2:30pm (slept until 1:30). The only time our children saw their dad was at night when he got home from work. We lived on an odd schedule. It worked for us. Our children went to bed at 3-4a, they were up at 12-1p, we ate breakfast & they started school after dad left for work (they were homeschooled). It meant Denny's at midnight, Wal Mart at 1a and lots of dirty looks from people who didn't have a clue what our life was like. We lived that schedule from 1993-1997 (my children were born in '86, '88, '90 & '91) when my husband became a mail carrier and then we switched to a day schedule. Not everyone is on a 9-5 work schedule, an in bed by 8p & up by 6a schedule. Everyone has their very own schedule that works for their family and no one has a right to judge that.
    Anonymous

• OP...Anon :31 here. When would you like a family with a 2nd shift working parent to see each other? Instead of griping about the whole family being out at 1a, be happy that the whole family is spending time together. That's what's important. If a dad works 2nd shift and sleeps until 1:30p & leaves at 2:30p is that 1 hour of rushed, getting ready to leave for work time, supposed to be the only time the children get with their working parent? Kids with parents who work until 6-7p get an hour or two at night a day with their kids before bedtime sometimes. A kid on a 2nd shift schedule gets to spend 3-4 hours with their dad or their mom. That's not a bad deal. My sons had an amazing bond with their dad growing up and now that they are all adults still do. he wasn't just the guy who earned a paycheck and was never around, he was a huge part of their daily lives even though he worked 2nd shift.
    Anonymous