Whites tree frog

Okay so I have been reading up on these frogs since I will be getting a hand-me-down one next week. I keep reading that they tend to get overweight but I can't seem to find a picture chart as to what your frog should look like if it's a healthy weight. how will I know?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 1:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Pets

• Reptile Depot is a good website for feeding tips. Just feed him on a schedule. If you have a food scale that measures ounces, that might help. Weigh him once monthly. You can get a food scale for about $12 at TJ Maxx.

My dog ate my frog when the frog got out of his habitat and hid in the toilet. If the frog ever gets loose, he'll go hide in the toilet. You can lift them out with a slotted kitchen spoon.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• lmao, the only thing I can think of is a frog veterinarian.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• idk, all the ones i've ever seen have looked like blobs lol. maybe you could just make sure his cage is big with lots of branches and don't feed him too many crickets
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• lol. I am actually getting it from a veterinarian I work with! Our practice only does dogs and cats though! I know ther is an exotics vet in the area but I feel dumb for taking in my frog for a weight check! Maybe I'll check with them later... I was just hoping to find a picture chart though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2009