How can I get my toddler to sleep in his own bed?

We've been co-sleeping since birth. My husband sleeps in another room with him because I have a 5 month old in a room with me. It would be nice to sleep in the same bed with my husband again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i have always slept with my sons till they were older, get a blanket or small mattress and put beside the bed and than across the room and than into there own room it will take time but they will stay there one night. it takes picking them up when they crawl back into bed with you and placing back were you have the make shift bed for them. that is why i start beside me and than away.. me and my husband have a doub
    sunshinex8

Answer by sunshinex8 at 3:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• It will be a mentally, and physically (tiredness) tough, but if there is a room for just him (his own room), I would start making a bedtime routine (bath, reading, singing, or laying with him for 10min or so) and then repeat every night and let him sleep in his own room. I would also suggest putting a cd on repeat of some children songs (i downloaded free ones from limewire) and it will help sooth him during night time wakings. I would tell him that he is a big boy and make his own room seem like a gift.
    lynenedubbels

Answer by lynenedubbels at 7:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2008