Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can a dss worker help you find a place to live and help with getting things u need put in ur house?

i think they can help you find a place to live but not real sure on that. I was told you HAVE to have some type of job for them to help out with that. And i was wondering if you have a house but no couch or anything if they could help out with that? no idea what category to put this in


Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (1)
  • I don't think the social services department helps with those types of things. I know there are government agencies that do, but I don't think the DSS will. There should be local Rent assisted housing in your area that you can get into. They base your rent on your income, so that you're only paying what you can afford. DH and I lived in RA housing before we bought our house in October (09). It was a really great way for us to get onto our feet to where we could move onward. Go to your local government's website and look up assitance and see what you apply for. There are many different agencies that are government funded that can help you with everything you need.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2009