My husband says I dress boring...

Where can I get clothes for a 35 year old mom of two beautiful girls? I just watched the movie Marley and Me and I love the outfits Jennifer Aniston wears. What kind of style is that? It's very cute. Where can I find something like that on a budget??? :(

augsmom

Asked by augsmom at 1:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• OLD NAVY no joke i just got a pair of jeans for $2.00 and a sweater for $5.00, I love old navy. It is very budget friendly and right now their clearance is an additional 30% off so i did some xmas shopping lol. They have some great clothes for moms and you don't feel like your wearing a teens wardrobe.

You can also watch victoria's secrets website join their email list I get great deals all the time, last week i got 3 sweaters for $30 then i got 20% off that and a free scarf making it $24.00 for 3 sweaters and a scarf. Their regular prices are scary but i watch the sales and specials and then i grab up some great deals.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Well first off, do you dress boring? Now, I havent seen the movie, but Macy's is always having sales so you might check them out. Or even a store like Ross if you have one in your area would probably have some nice pieces that you can put together. I usually hit up the sales at Macys though. When I pay attention to ads, they usually have coupons and at the one I go to they usually have a 50% off rack that has another 40% off. Now I know they mark the clothes way up before putting them on sale BUT I got a $189 INC sweater for $16 so Id say thats still a great deal!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• oh well lol...im always in my sweats all week long till we decide if we should go out and have fun, then in a whole new person, most pple wouldnt guess i have 4 kids but that could be because i dont dress my age, im near 30 and i would love to have holes up the gills in my jeans and maybe a pair that had prints on them.

do you have a local used clothing store? those shops are my favorite...getting clothes that no one can buy double of if they are out of date.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I havent seen that movie yet, but if you want to dress conservative then New York Learner (aka Learner New York). If you want to add a little spunk to your wordworb for hubby then try adding heels to your outfit, hoop earings, fix your hair nicer, and wear somthing that is fitted. Just b/c you are a mom doesnt mean you have to dress conservative or boring. You can have fun with clothes the way you did in high school! Other great stores are Rainbow, TJ maxx, Target, Ross, I like to shop on line for Kimora Lee's Baby Phat(or you can find it at macy's)

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 1:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Shop around at your local stores. Walmart, Meijer, Target, Goodwill, and the-like. You can recreate any style you see just by looking through the racks. Try something new that you wouldn't normally wear. Stepping out of your comfort zone is the first step to recreating your style. Whether you dress boring or otherwise. Browse the internet or catalogues with your husband and see what he finds attractive. One thing you should never do is dress how he wants you to, souly based on him wanting you to. Your style has to be YOUR style. Just start expierimenting outside of your comfort zone and soon enough you'll find a different side of you strutting down the street.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Target and Old Navy have cute clothes. You can't go wrong at those stores.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• maybe you are just buying clothes that dont fit your body right...maybe they are too big and he would rather you wear stuff that shows your figure
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I Like Old Navy, but their sizes run on the small side. Nothing for a meaty woman like me! :)
    Anonymous

• My dh says I dress too sexy...before he said I didnt dress sexy enough...I cant please him lol.Honestly I get all of my clothes from either Walmart or Old Navy.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 5:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Target Old Navy, also see if theres a Platos Closet in your area, it is a thrift shop that only takesclkothes in good condition i love that store, i bought a pair of True Religion Jeans for $4 !! its great! ALSO WALMART LOL! i go there alot too hehe
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 7, 2009