How can I get my cat to behave?

I have a part siamese cat who's very sweet, but can be really annoying. I have to put her out at night or she wakes us up all night. She's trying to be nice, but she does that cat thing where she kneads on our heads with her claws out. She nibbles on our ears and tries to clean my daughter's head. She doesn't really want anything to do with us during the day, and I feel bad that she doesn't get much attention, so it breaks my heart to put her out the only time she wants to cuddle.

How can I break her of her bad habits and get her to just cuddle nicely without biting or scratching?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Pets

• I had a cat that was pretty shy so she did not come out during the day but came out at night when it was quite. She love getting attention from us then as well. She had this radar as soon as we opened our eyes, we did not have to move or make a sound she was on the bed demanding attention head butts and all. All i did with her was keep my hands under the covers and she eventually gave up. I also had a cat that liked to wake me up at 2am so that i could watch him eat. I ended up keepign a spray bottle on the night stand and when he did this he got sprayed. He eventually stopped.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• if you figure it out let me know.... my cat does the same thing(but can get violent if she doesn't get the attention she wants) so i just lock her out of my room...but she then proceeds to scratch at the door

lol she's a crazy cat.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• At night, when you all go to bed, try using a nightlight for her to see or try leaving the tv or a radio on. Some cats don't respond well to complete silence and/or no light. During the hours you all are with her, don't wait for her to come to you for attention. Give her attention as you walk by her or as she walks past you. When she does get on your lap, as soon as she starts biting, put her on the floor and give her a firm NO. Don't allow her to get near your head, to avoid her scratching it. Kneading on your lap is a hard habit to break (if it can be broken at all). This is learned as kittens. They do this when they are feeding from their mother. I know there have been lots of articles written about kneading and purring. Good luck, I hope you can get good results. You can PM if you have any other questions about your kitty.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 1:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• cats are nocturnal and they are most active at night. Your kitty is just letting everyone know they are part of her pride and she loves them. If you don't want her to bother you while you are sleeping, shut the door. We had to. They mean well and they are treating you like part of their family.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2009