Piercing baby's ears

My husband and I want to get our daughters ears pierced when she is about a week old. Where can we go to get it done. I don't believe the docotrs office will do it anymore. Call me crazy but I don't trust that the girls at Claire's (the store in the mall) will do a good job. My husband thinks I'm nuts to take her to a tattoo parler. I'm I nuts will they not do it because she is so young?

MissKendraHall

Asked by MissKendraHall at 2:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Malls wont do it under 3m where I live I always did it at a doctors office,
    Anonymous

• I think so. ;)

Seriously, though, I would never alter someone else body without their permission. I know some people think it's cute, or makes it easier to tell the baby is a girl, etc. I personally think it's kind of weird.  I'm not trying to be mean, but I just think it's odd that someone thinks they have the right to do that.  It will also hurt the baby.  Wouldn't it be better if your daughter was older, asked for it to be done, and understood why she was being hurt?

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 2:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• I just think it's wrong to pierce a baby's ears. Not only is it painful and can get infected, but it takes away a special right of passage for a girl. I believe in letting a girl get her ears pierced when she wants to and shows that she is responsible enough to care for them. I got my ears pierced for my 13th birthday. It is a very special memory of my mom and I going out to dinner and getting our hair done and getting my ears pierced.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Most places wont do it for you till she's older. I had mine done young and I did my oldest dd's young..Neither one of us can stand to wear earrings today. So with my dd now 4, I am leaving that up to her on when she wants it done. Even though she See's her friends with them and thinks it's neat. She tells me that she needs to do it when she's bigger,, Just a thought for you.. Not saying that I think it's at all wrong to do it when they are little. It is cute. And I think that the Clair's Lady's would do just fine, Just be sure that you see that the marks are even.

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 2:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• 1 week old getting her ears pierced!! whhaaaaat? that baby is going to be perfect when she comes out. don't try to change that so early!
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• You know I didn't ask my question to hear parenting advise. My mother got my ears pierced when I was 1 week old. I'M SO THANKFUL SHE DID IT! I was so young I don't remember it. My mother said it didn't hurt me and I believe her!

MissKendraHall

Answer by MissKendraHall at 2:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2009