HELP!am i a bad wife for not wanting to have sex right now?HELP!

i am 29 weeks prego and my husband always wants to have sex with me . i tell him i just dont feel like it adn it is true i just dont feel like it. is it a bad thing to feel this way. i know he would never cheat on me but what can i do to maybe wont to do it more or other things i can do to let him know that i still love him but just dont want to have sex. HELP!

shannonsmom555

Asked by shannonsmom555 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know how you feel too. I typically want very little to do with sex and earlier in my pregnancy, the thought of it literally made me cringe. I explained how I felt to my SO- that it wasn't HIM, it was just me being out of whack. I found that a hint of spontaneity and trying new things during foreplay really helped.

But the number one thing we do to stay close and in love during this pregnancy has absolutely nothing to do with sex. We play board games or just sit and talk every single night before bed. Last night we spent an hour making paper airplanes and talking about our old PE class experiences lol
    adrians_mama

Answer by adrians_mama at 6:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• He should be a little more understanding. You're getting to a point where you're going to be extremely uncomfortable pretty soon and REALLY won't feel like it. So, he better get used to it. Tell him what you said here though, you love him and if you're in the mood for it you'll let him know. Otherwise, he's got a hand. Tell him to use it.
    Anonymous

• My sex drive was always so much stronger while I was pregnant so I didnt deal with that problem by choice. But I was on bedrest fromo 31-37 weeks with my DD and I was unable to have sex. My hubby understood but I could tell that he wasnt happy about it:( I would just help him out in satisfying himself that way I was at least a part of it but I wasnt compromising my body or an early delivery
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:43 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• i know how you feel. i never feel like having sex since i got pregnant about 10 weeks ago. my husband never pressures me or says he's upset even though i know he is but i just feel horrible. i can just hope to get my sex drive back sometime. i had the same problem for a loooooooooong time after our first child was born.
    Anonymous