Christmas Ideas for an EXTREMELY hard to shop for mother.

Ok, my mom is 55 yrs old. Every year is a struggle for Christmas cuz she always says to save our money. I don't want to do a gift card again. She goes to work at like 6 am, comes home and relaxes unless she has to take my 17 yr old brother to work. She has no hobbies really, doesn't collect anything (except wolf things which she has enough of) and rarely goes anywhere except shopping on the weekends. She's got a million DVD's that she doesn't watch, and she only listens to the radio. She also doesn't do technology things (computers, etc.) I know she needs a massage, but she'd be uncomfortable having someone she doesn't know touch her. I just have absolutely no idea what to do anymore!

jmpeskie

Asked by jmpeskie at 2:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Holidays

• OMG, am I your mom? lol, you just described me! This past year I had to give in and go to a massage therapist for a lower back pain. The woman there was very professional, wonderful and made me feel great. I go now all the time. You could give her a certificate for general services (manicure, pedicure, facial, massage, products, etc) and let her decide but I think she will really thank you for it. Maybe you two could go together the first time. That's how my dd got me there!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:43 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• OP here- yes that's a good idea, I think to get her to do more things, I need to go with her. I could really use a massage myself too lol.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 2:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• The one thing she can always use is more time with you!
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 2:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• What a great idea.Definitely a lot better than all those electronic gadgets that gather dust.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• get her an hd radio.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Now I have thisand it feels pretty good after a stress day. 

Also, give her a box of See's candy with it.  Pecan turtles would be nice.  =]

Anonymous

• I agree, the gift of your time. Why not take her out for lunch, a manicure or makeover, etc. My mom is getting a digital photo frame because she wants loads of pictures of the kids of course but doesn't want dozens of picture frames around her house.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• A gift basket of her favorite treets. Freshly baked cookies. Maybe you could take her out for dinner and a movie.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2009