breastfeeding at walmart?

baby was crying, the car was parked far away and it was snow cold outside, i picked a shoe isle that no one was in and bf for five minutes. should i have gone to the car?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope, GOOD for you feeding your baby when and where he was hungry. I would have done the same. In fact I have done the same. I have even...gasp...walked around feeding my baby. He was covered with a blanket and I rested him on arm of the cart, so I could still push it.
    Way to Go Momma!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• no good for you...that baby needs to eat when it is hungry.....
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 2:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Nope. Your baby needed to eat and you met his needs. I also fed in stores. I usually went to the dressing rooms(personal preference) but I would have fed him/her in the store it's self covered if there was not one available. You were not out of line at all.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• You do what you need when you need it. I will say that I usually opted for a dressing room thought. The attendants were always good about getting me a room.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• good for you! don't starve that baby! if anyone tries to tell you otherwise ><. i say this now but ill probably be shy or nervous about it when my little man comes too. I am very conservative i guess you could say. I dont even like changing in locker rooms in front of people i go and hide in stallls
    mommyajay

Answer by mommyajay at 3:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• The dressing room!! You guys just saved me for next time. I didn't even think about that.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• You should plan the your shopping trip around the baby's feeding time if it is almost time to feed DON'T GO TO THE STORE!! My freind was kicked out of Wal-Mart for that exact same thing and told never to come back. I'm sorry but if I would of seen you I would of reported you that's disgusting my my eyes do it at home.
    Anonymous

• man, the shoe isle! i would have gone to the patio section!! nice lounge chairs.
    never feel embarassed to BF in public
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 3:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Anon. Most states(43) have laws protecting the right of breast feeding women. My bet would be the wal-mart that happened at was either out of line or you are full of crap.---Just sayin'.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• lol charisma
    mommyajay

Answer by mommyajay at 3:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2009