3 year old boy vs. veggies

my son wont eat his veggies at dinner! how can i get him to eat his veggies... i always have to give him the v8 juice or fruitables because they have veggies/juice in it.. and i dont want to do that no more please help!

elias1mamma22

Asked by elias1mamma22 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Kids' Health

• bribe him with a treat, ...eventually he'll be hungry enough and eat them.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 3:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• he loves ketsup so i tried puting corn in ketsup and he would not touch it
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 3:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• if he is hungry, feed him veggies FIRST (nothing else on plate). he refuses to eat, let him get up from the table, next time he asks to eat PUT THE SAME PLATE OF VGGIES IN FRONT OF HIM. tell him that once he eats those, h can have something else. this could go on for a whole day, but he WILL eat them when he is hungry. we had to do this with a friends child who i was in the care of for a while (had her permission), and it took about a week of doing this EVERY DAY, before he would just willingly eat the veggies... still not putting anything on his plate until he ate them first.

anyone who starts screaming abuse needs to go take a chill pill- the kid obviously ate, and ate HEALTHY THINGS... no child will starve if they miss a couple of meals.

and by the way- corn is NOT a veggie- its a grain/starch.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Let him see you and the rest of your family eating veggies and also try different types of dips also(ketchup,mustard,salad dressing etc) You can also Puree veggies into things so they are hidden but still getting the taste of veggies I know it's dishonest but ...... gotta do what ya gotta do
    Anonymous

• One thing I used to do when my kids were little I would add pureed veggies to their foods, or offer the veggies with dip, cheese sauce, ketchup....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Kids love to dip, that's a really good suggestion - my nephew dipped EVERYTHING in ranch until he was like 4 years old! I used to "hide" my kids veggies (spaghetti sauce, sloppy joe's, carrot bread, pumpkin bread, etc) for extra nutrition, but I also told them they couldn't have 2nds or dessert until they ate 3 bites of whatever veggies we were having for supper. They don't even argue anymore because they know the rules.

Answer by missanc at 2:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Make a three bite plate. three bites of veggies, two bites of meat and two bites of starch. He can have seconds of what ever he wants after the plate is clean. He is old enough to be negotiable.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Give him what you want him to have. Its as simple as that, your the parent, not him.

Grow a little backbone and stand up to your child. They will thank you years from now when they are healthy and not overweight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Dec. 20, 2009