What exactly do you buy a 4 year old for Christmas that has a whole bunch of toys that he doesn't play with and mommy doesn't buy anything for herself and I would like to get me something out of the deal because I feel I'm the most important person in this house,any suggestions?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 3:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2009 in Holidays

• Buy him some books and a ball. Kids love balls and he wants you to read to him. Save the rest of the money for a spa day for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• my son just turned 5 and i just finished his christmas shopping today...he has a bunch of toys already..i did get him some toys but i really didnt want to load up on toys this christmas so i bought i few other things in place of toys. I bought him a sponge bob trash can for his room (its a bathroom can but i figured he would like it) and some sheets and comforter to match..i cd case to put his dvds in, i got him 2 books (wheres waldo, and a dinosaur book) a couple of movies, some abc magnets for the fridge...he just has so many toys already so i thought i would try to get a few different things
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• my kids have way more toys then two kids possible need. in fact most of them have been in my closet because they r4efused to clean them when they dumped over the totes....they got over whelmed and mommy got sick of doing it for them...so this year they are getting minimal toys....but they ARE getting new clothes and books....and they will also get their old toys back...well after mommy goes thru them. they haven't seen them in months so it will be like getting new toys all over again...i know im mean...but they are starting to clean up after themselves....they are 2 and 5
    Anonymous

• Depending how much money you have, there are preschool games for the Wii. then you can use the Wii when he isn't. :)

But I really liked the suggestion of books too, that's mommy and me time. And try to buy books that YOU will enjoy.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• "You're the most important person in the house" - really? How rude.

That asise how about a new bedding set.
    Anonymous

• Last year when my son was 4yrs old, everything he received was from garage sales. We have an in home daycare so toys are not a problem here LOL He went through the toy catalog and only picked one thing, I was shocked! The one thing: Crayola light up paintbrush, so yeah Santa got off easy :) This year he is more into it and so Santa was given a choice between 3 items, and then he made a list for mom and dad. I say if you son only shows interest in one thing then get that, and by all means splurge on something for you. Really and truly at that age they are all about just opening something and like you said toys get pushed by the wayside after a day or two...thats why I only got garage sale toys last year. My kids were never the wiser and had a great Christmas, I think we worry too much and give them too much too early on...its the later years the kids are gonna hit us up with big time gifts! ugh! LOL
    Heather_F

Answer by Heather_F at 4:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

I agree!! Her poor child........
    Anonymous

• Gotta agree with anon:20 & :34. Referring to yourself as "the most important person in the house" is very rude and pretentious. I was raised that the children come first. That is how our family operates. As for what to buy for the 4 year old, I'd go with some good story books, and for "the most important person in the house"~ how about volunteering at a homeless shelter or nursing home and experience what it's like to be lonely, forgotten and left out.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the anon's. But I have the guts to not post in anon. Grow up and stop being a selfish little brat.

There are TONS of stuff you can get for your child, from books, games, craft stuff. Dolls, action figures, dress up clothes. They are four, not a baby.

"You're the most important person in the house" ugg moms like you sicken me, think about your child and not what you can get out of it. It's ok to want something nice for yourself but Geeze! Your a mom stop thinking like a kid focusing on what they want and be a mom. Your child comes first.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 4:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Donate to a charity in their name or something. I dunno.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2009